Bowl Games

I thought both defenses played decent for most of the game minus a few breakdowns.  The Aggies need to get faster on the backend, but the young guys up front look very promising.  The Aggies offense is being held back by a mediocre (at best) qb.  Until Mond isn’t starting you know what you’re going to get.  He’ll give you a few flashes from time to time then overthrow every receiver for a half

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Wow.....look at that front O-line for Air Force.  Maybe the D for Wash. State is not very good, Huh?  This might be a very good and close game to watch. 

Leach has never had good defenses. His offensive philosophy doesn't put his defense in a place to be successful, sadly. 

That said, I LOVE watching teams like Air Force and Navy. They're well-coached, disciplined, and tough. Not flashy, but very efficient and good at what they do.

Air Force Falcons showing Wash. State why they went 10-2 on the season while Wazoo went 6-6.  The Falcons play good D and are very methodical on offense with a good O-line and blocking downfield.  The Cougars depend on the big play and tend to win games in a close-played fashion this season......just not that good on defense and not a very good running game.  When inside the Red Zone they have trouble punching in TD's because of the shortened field.  

I thought I would see more offense from Wazoo tonight, but they just aren't as dynamic in their passing attack this season as they were last year.....and the record shows it.  I thought maybe they lost a few they should have won and would still be able to show some offensive lightning against Air Force.......but the Falcons D is pretty darn good.

Wazoo has now turned the ball over on downs twice within the 5 yd line in this game by going for it on 4th down and being stopped cold both times by this Air Force D.   Now Air Force can control the clock on offense and methodically try to extend drives and even a field goal would extend their lead and diminish the time on the clock.  Wazoo is in big trouble now that they didn't score on that last possession......esp. since their defense will now have to depend on a stop or a turnover just to play catchup.

WSU needs to hold the Falcons here to a field goal on third and goal.......from the 3 yd line.  Falcons take it wide left and WSU makes the stop.  4 mins. left and WSU calls a timeout. 4th down and goal from about the 3 yd line.  Field goal only extends the Falcon lead to 6 pts.......but they do have a stout defense.  I say AirForce will go for it and are willing to play a tough D if they are stopped short.  The odds favor Air Force here to make the TD.