Bowl Games

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

This offense is ridiculous.  You blitz he finds the open guy, you man up someone breaks free, you lay off in a zone and sits there until someone is open.  I just hope Brennan can do a third of this next year.

Gonna be a big drop off next year.

3 minutes ago, Rabbs63 said:

A two loss team would be better than Oklahoma, the way this game is going.  I seriously hope Jerry Jones isn’t considering interviewing Riley and his staff.  

This is stupid.  Sure, there are some 2 loss teams that would play LSU better, but what you are seeing is just a complete package.  Chaisson is dominating on defense.  Before the season started, he was thought to be what Chase Young is.  Joe Burrow is having the best season we have ever seen in college football.  His WRs went from “under used talent” to the best duo in college football.  Ask Alabama about this offense.  Ask Georgia.  2 of the best defenses yearly.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

This is stupid.  Sure, there are some 2 loss teams that would play LSU better, but what you are seeing is just a complete package.  Chaisson is dominating on defense.  Before the season started, he was thought to be what Chase Young is.  Joe Burrow is having the best season we have ever seen in college football.  His WRs went from “under used talent” to the best duo in college football.  Ask Alabama about this offense.  Ask Georgia.  2 of the best defenses yearly.

Exactly. 

What team did you want to be 4th if not Oklahoma?

• Confused 1

I was in Austin for the week 2 matchup vs LSU. LSU had a 3rd and 17, Texas blitzed Burrow around the edge and then brought a delayed blitz up the middle. Burrow threw a perfect strike off balance on one foot to ice that game. Since that game he’s been my heisman winner and LSU has been the front runner. Burrow is on another level. 

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

The one thing I did agree with, as a Cowboys fan, i don't want Riley. I felt that way before this game though. 

• Like 1

Just now, regaleagle said:

LSU will have to let their backup play in the 2nd half.......can't afford to leave Burrow out there with a score like this.

My guess is 1 drive then you will see Brennan... a former 5* and #1 passing QB... but when you watch him play, you will be like “it must have been paid recruiting sites that had him ranked that high.”  The kid was expected to start as a true freshman and hasn’t had a decent showing yet.

I seriously doubt that we will see a game like this one in the National Championship game.  It's just too difficult to repeat this kind of offensive juggernauting 2 games in a row against quality teams. OU will most likely make a run in the 2nd half with Burrow on the sidelines to cut the deficit.

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Exactly. 

What team did you want to be 4th if not Oklahoma?

Out of the two loss teams, it’s hard to make a case for any of them. My take is this: after two consecutive years of the #1 cs #4 semifinal being over at halftime, why does anyone want to see a 1 vs 8? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I seriously doubt that we will see a game like this one in the National Championship game.  It's just too difficult to repeat this kind of offensive juggernauting 2 games in a row against quality teams. OU will most likely make a run in the 2nd half with Burrow on the sidelines to cut the deficit.

If your front 4 can’t get Burrow on the ground, LSU is going to score... a lot

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

If your front 4 can’t get Burrow on the ground, LSU is going to score... a lot

OU's D is just not that good.....end of story.  This is a matchup made in heaven for LSU and Burrow......a Clemson may not be as easy to match up against.  And this one got away from OU quickly......which messes up what the offense wanted to do.  Now OU is out of their gameplan and have no answers.  

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

OU's D is just not that good.....end of story.  This is a matchup made in heaven for LSU and Burrow......a Clemson may not be as easy to match up against.  And this one got away from OU quickly......which messes up what the offense wanted to do.  Now OU is out of their gameplan and have no answers.  

Oklahoma has a top 25 defense. They don’t have any depth though. 

Riley got himself in a bind coming out throwing the ball. 

Remember when Texas was having the same problem with that 3-man front trying to rush Burrow???  What a wasted effort! The only way to beat LSU or at least stay close in the game is to pressure Burrow somehow......to take some chances.  Otherwise.....he's gonna pick your secondary apart like a ripe tomato.