Bowl Games

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

What about LSU fans in Texas? Feel the same way?

Well Louisiana is actually close and some could be an actual fan.  Those guys that switch teams every year is sad. I have seen a few Louisiana tigers fans. You can tell those guys who can't name a player or coach of said team . 

39 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

There's a ton of them in East Texas. Doesn't make them "bandwagon fans" like a paticular poster implied.

Yeah, to be fair, there are a lot of local Alabama fans who actually have some a connection to the school or the state. I've got a co-worker who's from a small town outside Tuscaloosa and my youngest brother married a girl from Hunstville. Their economy ain't been the greatest, so we've got a decent amount of immigrants from there.  

Same with LSU. I've got plenty of Bayou Bengals in my church and workplace. I can tolerate them being a bit obnoxious this season. After being pretty much owned by Saban they've earned a little chest-thumping. 

But Clemson? Gimme a break...  ain't nobody from around here been rooting for Clemson until the last couple years. Buncha friggin' bandwagoners.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKA said:

Yeah, to be fair, there are a lot of local Alabama fans who actually have some a connection to the school or the state. I've got a co-worker who's from a small town outside Tuscaloosa and my youngest brother married a girl from Hunstville. Their economy ain't been the greatest, so we've got a decent amount of immigrants from there.  

Same with LSU. I've got plenty of Bayou Bengals in my church and workplace. I can tolerate them being a bit obnoxious this season. After being pretty much owned by Saban they've earned a little chest-thumping. 

But Clemson? Gimme a break...  ain't nobody from around here been rooting for Clemson until the last couple years. Buncha friggin' bandwagoners.  

😂

Alamo Bowl.......I'm not certain these two teams have ever met before. Does the Longhorns have any history playing Utah before???   Typically, UT has always played fairly well in Bowl games.  There's been losses many times before.......but I think their record is slanted heavier on the win side.  Should be a really good game to watch on New Years Eve anyway.  GO HORNS!!!