Bowl Games

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

The Baylor offense isn’t very good with Brewer right now. I wonder if he’s hurt or something, his passes have no zip and he badly under threw a deep ball. 

He wasn’t healthy enough for this game from the hit in the Big XII Championship.  He was off and then took another knockout hit.  Can’t be good!

Brewer really needs to think about hanging up the cleats. This is his third concussion already, and he commented about staying in a dark room for a week after the last one. If he wants to remain in college football, he needs to do it wearing a headset and calling plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Brewer really needs to think about hanging up the cleats. This is his third concussion already, and he commented about staying in a dark room for a week after the last one. If he wants to remain in college football, he needs to do it wearing a headset and calling plays.

But his dad and other relatives played for Texas and he was NOT recruited by Texas.  He must stay on the field to continue to prove that he should have been recruited by Texas.

9 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Overall......I think the Baylor defense played a pretty good game against Georgia.  The Baylor offense didn't do as much to help out......but that had something to do with Georgia's D also.

Georgia had maybe the best defense in the country this year.  Missing 3-4 starters on that side didn't seem to hurt them.  One thing I really really liked about Baylor is that they didn't miss many tackles.  CBs, DBs, etc weren't just swiping at feet, they were hitting legs and holding on.  That is pure disciplined coaching.  Baylor should not have been a 10-2 team this year, but doing this right despite being less talented in several areas won them a lot of football games this year.  Kudos to Baylor.  I hope they are able to keep Rhule for 2-3 more years.  Without coaches like him, the conference will always be looked down upon.  Keep Riley, keep Rhule, keep Patterson, find a way to bring in 2 more good coaches that can bring in disciplined football and the Big XII will win one of these playoff games.

13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Georgia had maybe the best defense in the country this year.  Missing 3-4 starters on that side didn't seem to hurt them.  One thing I really really liked about Baylor is that they didn't miss many tackles.  CBs, DBs, etc weren't just swiping at feet, they were hitting legs and holding on.  That is pure disciplined coaching.  Baylor should not have been a 10-2 team this year, but doing this right despite being less talented in several areas won them a lot of football games this year.  Kudos to Baylor.  I hope they are able to keep Rhule for 2-3 more years.  Without coaches like him, the conference will always be looked down upon.  Keep Riley, keep Rhule, keep Patterson, find a way to bring in 2 more good coaches that can bring in disciplined football and the Big XII will win one of these playoff games.

I think Klieman (sp?) at Kansas State will be good

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The state of Louisiana is 3-0 with a possibility of going 5-0 if UL-L can win Monday and LSU takes care of business on the 13th.  Was Louisiana the strongest football state in the country this year?

They grow some good players over there, and they do a good job of keeping them in state. I’m hearing that Ragin’ Cajuns Coach Billy Napier is on the short list for the Mississippi State job. I think he would be a homerun hire for them. 

43 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

They grow some good players over there, and they do a good job of keeping them in state. I’m hearing that Ragin’ Cajuns Coach Billy Napier is on the short list for the Mississippi State job. I think he would be a homerun hire for them. 

They just extended him at UL-LA. I agree though, he is a great coach.

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

They just extended him at UL-LA. I agree though, he is a great coach.

Mississippi State was almost as dumb as Arkansas to fire their coach.  Napier is smart to stay where he’s at for at least another year and pass on Mississippi State.  In two years they’d be firing him

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Mississippi State was almost as dumb as Arkansas to fire their coach.  Napier is smart to stay where he’s at for at least another year and pass on Mississippi State.  In two years they’d be firing him

MSU doesn’t have near the resources that the top tier SEC teams enjoy. Some of their fanbase seems lost on that, so they have unrealistic expectations. I didn’t really see Morehead as a great hire, but he was a step ahead of several others. I think Arkansas, ole miss and MSU all jumped the gun with the firings. 

4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

MSU doesn’t have near the resources that the top tier SEC teams enjoy. Some of their fanbase seems lost on that, so they have unrealistic expectations. I didn’t really see Morehead as a great hire, but he was a step ahead of several others. I think Arkansas, ole miss and MSU all jumped the gun with the firings. 

It’s along the same lines as Texas A&M and Texas.  Texas has the law school, the medical school, the architecture school etc.  A&M had the vet school and Ag school.  Things have changed, especially with the SEC move for A&M, but there is a reason that Texas is considered “more elitist” than A&M.  Mississippi St doesn’t even come close to Ole Miss in that respect, also showing the huge difference in boosters too.

51 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It’s along the same lines as Texas A&M and Texas.  Texas has the law school, the medical school, the architecture school etc.  A&M had the vet school and Ag school.  Things have changed, especially with the SEC move for A&M, but there is a reason that Texas is considered “more elitist” than A&M.  Mississippi St doesn’t even come close to Ole Miss in that respect, also showing the huge difference in boosters too.

Correct, but the money differential between MSU and A&M is huge. Ole Miss is definitely a lot more “elitist” school than MSU, but due to the state of Mississippi being so poor, both are fighting an uphill battle against the LSU’s and BAMA’s of the world. Along with the financial disparities, both schools are still somewhat struggling with getting past the images of the old south and how they dealt with integration compared to other schools that were more welcoming to people of color.