Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, a Rusk County dude mocking Shelby County dudes.  Sincerely, A Rusk County dude. 

Well you know the game was meaningless for Utah when they didn't make the playoffs. It's the same thing that happened to Georgia last year.

I guess they showed the nation how bad the SEC was too all year. 

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The bama players that are sitting out could’ve made this game a lot different

As bad as the BAMA defense looked in the first half, they have pitched a shutout in the second half, and held Michigan to one TD on the day. Not bad, and a lot of those kids will be back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Minnesota are fun to watch.

I wonder if Auburn going 9-4 is going to put Gus on the hotseat again. They did beat Bama so it's a pretty successful season in their eyes.

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, trueblue82 said:

As bad as the BAMA defense looked in the first half, they have pitched a shutout in the second half, and held Michigan to one TD on the day. Not bad, and a lot of those kids will be back. 

Did you hear Saban's remarks before the half about them not playing their assignments? He was mad... You can tell they've made the proper adjustments in the second half. That's why he's the best. Or top 2 at the very least. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

As bad as the BAMA defense looked in the first half, they have pitched a shutout in the second half, and held Michigan to one TD on the day. Not bad, and a lot of those kids will be back. 

Michigan isn’t a great team though.  If Bama had all their weapons it’s a 40 point blowout

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Michigan isn’t a great team though.  If Bama had all their weapons it’s a 40 point blowout

Weren’t really missing a lot of weapons. OLB Terrell Lewis and CB Trevon Diggs were the only guys that didn’t play. Of course Tua’s out, but if he doesn’t get hurt, they’re in a much better bowl game at least, if not in the CFP. BAMA just didn’t play well in the first half. Good job of turning things around in the second half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, trueblue82 said:

Weren’t really missing a lot of weapons. OLB Terrell Lewis and CB Trevon Diggs were the only guys that didn’t play. Of course Tua’s out, but if he doesn’t get hurt, they’re in a much better bowl game at least, if not in the CFP. BAMA just didn’t play well in the first half. Good job of turning things around in the second half. 

They had a RB sitting out too right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Did you hear Saban's remarks before the half about them not playing their assignments? He was mad... You can tell they've made the proper adjustments in the second half. That's why he's the best. Or top 2 at the very least. 

Agreed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Good game so far.

Yep. No dog in the hunt but enjoying this game. If this keeps up it could be a classic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ducks win im so happy. Goodnight man. Happy New Year

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

The Baylor offense isn’t very good with Brewer right now. I wonder if he’s hurt or something, his passes have no zip and he badly under threw a deep ball. 

He wasn’t healthy enough for this game from the hit in the Big XII Championship.  He was off and then took another knockout hit.  Can’t be good!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brewer really needs to think about hanging up the cleats. This is his third concussion already, and he commented about staying in a dark room for a week after the last one. If he wants to remain in college football, he needs to do it wearing a headset and calling plays.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Brewer really needs to think about hanging up the cleats. This is his third concussion already, and he commented about staying in a dark room for a week after the last one. If he wants to remain in college football, he needs to do it wearing a headset and calling plays.

But his dad and other relatives played for Texas and he was NOT recruited by Texas.  He must stay on the field to continue to prove that he should have been recruited by Texas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Overall......I think the Baylor defense played a pretty good game against Georgia.  The Baylor offense didn't do as much to help out......but that had something to do with Georgia's D also.

Georgia had maybe the best defense in the country this year.  Missing 3-4 starters on that side didn't seem to hurt them.  One thing I really really liked about Baylor is that they didn't miss many tackles.  CBs, DBs, etc weren't just swiping at feet, they were hitting legs and holding on.  That is pure disciplined coaching.  Baylor should not have been a 10-2 team this year, but doing this right despite being less talented in several areas won them a lot of football games this year.  Kudos to Baylor.  I hope they are able to keep Rhule for 2-3 more years.  Without coaches like him, the conference will always be looked down upon.  Keep Riley, keep Rhule, keep Patterson, find a way to bring in 2 more good coaches that can bring in disciplined football and the Big XII will win one of these playoff games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Georgia had maybe the best defense in the country this year.  Missing 3-4 starters on that side didn't seem to hurt them.  One thing I really really liked about Baylor is that they didn't miss many tackles.  CBs, DBs, etc weren't just swiping at feet, they were hitting legs and holding on.  That is pure disciplined coaching.  Baylor should not have been a 10-2 team this year, but doing this right despite being less talented in several areas won them a lot of football games this year.  Kudos to Baylor.  I hope they are able to keep Rhule for 2-3 more years.  Without coaches like him, the conference will always be looked down upon.  Keep Riley, keep Rhule, keep Patterson, find a way to bring in 2 more good coaches that can bring in disciplined football and the Big XII will win one of these playoff games.

I think Klieman (sp?) at Kansas State will be good

Link to post
Share on other sites

The state of Louisiana is 3-0 with a possibility of going 5-0 if UL-L can win Monday and LSU takes care of business on the 13th.  Was Louisiana the strongest football state in the country this year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The state of Louisiana is 3-0 with a possibility of going 5-0 if UL-L can win Monday and LSU takes care of business on the 13th.  Was Louisiana the strongest football state in the country this year?

They grow some good players over there, and they do a good job of keeping them in state. I’m hearing that Ragin’ Cajuns Coach Billy Napier is on the short list for the Mississippi State job. I think he would be a homerun hire for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...