WestHardinFan1 Presents the SIXTH Annual What a REAL PLAYOFF looks like......

RETIREDFAN1

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Im delusional for quoting probably the most widely used source of its kind in the world? 

I really do understand your side of this and I can see why you want all teams represented. I’m just simply saying you’re spouting of this is a invitational tournament and not a real playoff is not by definition accurate. 

Have tried to get through to them before. You're wasting your breath. If it doesn't fit THEIR definition of a playoff, it isn't a playoff to them. Never mind the actual definition of a playoff, or the fact that an invitational tournament is a form of playoff. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Have tried to get through to them before. You're wasting your breath. If it doesn't fit THEIR definition of a playoff, it isn't a playoff to them. Never mind the actual definition of a playoff, or the fact that an invitational tournament is a form of playoff. 

:sleep:

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Oh I agree completely. It’s not right to think that an 8-5 mid major has just as much right to a conference title as a power 5 conference champion. I understand the argument for all P5 getting automatic bids, but including G5 champs I cannot get on board with. If they want automatic bids, lobby their way into a better conference or band together and demand a G5 playoff as well. It doesn’t seem like rocket science to me. 

That’s why in my playoff structure, the top seed gets a bye, the top G5 team (Memphis this year) gets in and there is one other at large

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That’s why in my playoff structure, the top seed gets a bye, the top G5 team (Memphis this year) gets in and there is one other at large

Then you’d have the argument of not only what at large teams make the playoffs, but which teams get the bye... It’s still creating more controversy instead of decreasing it. 

Top 4 teams selected by an updated bcs style analytics formula, one that can be explained mathematically and allow teams to judge for themselves what’s more important between style points over nobodies or close wins over good teams, and let it go from there. If everyone knows exactly what the computer formulas are and how each variable is calculated there can really be no argument. 

5 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Nice to see that someone ELSE has a little sense on here.........:rofl:

You know the one fact that blows their feeble arguments against a real playoff out of the water?  There is a real playoff at every level of football from high school through the NFL, except this one segment of college football  ....  that right there lays bear their weak arguments against a true playoff .... if they can do it for high school football, and nobody complains when highly ranked district champions blow out weak teams in the early rounds, they can do it for the top level of college football.  If they can do it for the lower levels of college football, they can do it for the top level of college football.  If they can do it for the NFL, they can do it for all of college football  ....  their excuses are quite frankly nauseating  ....

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Using their rational, why doesn't the UIL just invite the 4 strongest districts in each classification to compete for the State Championship?  Who wants st see Carthage play pansies like Seed Tick High in the playoffs? ....

A few reasons that that is not an apples to apples comparison...

1. High School plays a 10-game schedule, not a 12-game schedule with a conference championship on top of it. 

2. High Schools have different divisions within each classification and district to take care of. They don't even do that right at the moment.

3. There are 32 districts, not 8, in HS football. High Schools take 4 teams from each district, not just their champion. 

3b. This leads to several years where teams like Longview play a 2-8 team in the playoffs. Nobody wants that. People DO complain about it.

4. In HS, teams are having to travel in state, in the same region until the later stages. They're not having to fly across country as they do in College. Plus, it costs more to transport a college team, band, etc. than HS w/band. 

5. There is far more exposure and ability to read talent/skill in college with every game televised. Not saying the playoff committee is infallible, but they have a much better time of evaluating teams that are on TV every week than 200+ HS teams who aren't on TV.  

6. Every district determines standings in the same way in HS. Not the case in college. 

7. There's no concept of a P5 conference or midmajor in HS. 

29 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A few reasons that that is not an apples to apples comparison...

1. High School plays a 10-game schedule, not a 12-game schedule with a conference championship on top of it. 

2. High Schools have different divisions within each classification and district to take care of. They don't even do that right at the moment.

3. There are 32 districts, not 8, in HS football. High Schools take 4 teams from each district, not just their champion. 

3b. This leads to several years where teams like Longview play a 2-8 team in the playoffs. Nobody wants that. People DO complain about it.

4. In HS, teams are having to travel in state, in the same region until the later stages. They're not having to fly across country as they do in College. Plus, it costs more to transport a college team, band, etc. than HS w/band. 

5. There is far more exposure and ability to read talent/skill in college with every game televised. Not saying the playoff committee is infallible, but they have a much better time of evaluating teams that are on TV every week than 200+ HS teams who aren't on TV.  

6. Every district determines standings in the same way in HS. Not the case in college. 

7. There's no concept of a P5 conference or midmajor in HS. 

That is so weak, it's laughable ...  and those red herrings don't keep all the other levels from having a real playoff ... every thing you listed is just another weak excuse ... Kolmes laid out a perfect scenario and bowl based playoff that would work ... no reason not to have a real 16 team playoff much like it's done at every other level of football  ....

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

That is so weak, it's laughable ...  and those red herrings don't keep all the other levels from having a real playoff ... every thing you listed is just another weak excuse ... Kolmes laid out a perfect scenario and bowl based playoff that would work ... no reason not to have a real 16 team playoff much like it's done at every other level of football  ....

You asked why High Schools don't do a similar system and I answered it. Then you called them excuses instead of acknowledging that high school and college are different, have different needs, face different challenges, etc. 

The NFL is a 32-team league. They're not dealing with school as well. High schools are all within bus distance of one-another. 

I agree that the current playoff system in college isn't the best possible solution and needs to be changed quite a bit. But you asked a question and I answered it. 

And also the rhetoric of saying it isn't a "true" playoff is a joke when literally what FBS does falls within the dictionary definition of playoff. 

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Well, I did say it backwards, but my point is valid.  Eliminating competition by not allowing them to compete does help the chosen few teams that are allowed to compete .... and that's why Saban doesn't want to expand the playoffs ....

LMAO at you thinking you know what Nick Saban wants. You couldn’t carry his headset cable. The guy has won championships under every format college football has conceived. Whatever they come up with, he’ll build a team to win it. So keep making your argument for a “real playoff”, whatever you think that is. But stop trying to tell everyone what the GOAT wants. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

LMAO at you thinking you know what Nick Saban wants. You couldn’t carry his headset cable. The guy has won championships under every format college football has conceived. Whatever they come up with, he’ll build a team to win it. So keep making your argument for a “real playoff”, whatever you think that is. But stop trying to tell everyone what the GOAT wants. 

I know he doesn't want any more exposure than he can get away with.  Go outside and keep practicing your SEC, SEC. SEC cheerleading ... lamo...

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I know he doesn't want any more exposure than he can get away with.  Go outside and keep practicing your SEC, SEC. SEC cheerleading ... lamo...

Have you looked at the teams on their OOC schedule over the next ten years? If he was after “as little exposure as possible” why would he schedule some of the premier programs in college football? Why would he lobby to give up a squash game against an FCS opponent and play a ninth conference game instead? Your argument about “what he wants” holds about as much water as the hair on top of Hardin’s head. 

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Have you looked at the teams on their OOC schedule over the next ten years? If he was after “as little exposure as possible” why would he schedule some of the premier programs in college football? Why would he lobby to give up a squash game against an FCS opponent and play a ninth conference game instead? Your argument about “what he wants” holds about as much water as the hair on top of Hardin’s head. 

SEC,SEC, SEC ... LMAO ....

See the source imageSee the source image

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

SEC,SEC, SEC ... LMAO ....

See the source image

Fact #1, I’ve never been a “SEC” bandwagon fan. I’ve stated on this very forum that the chants are stupid. BAMA fans don’t ride coattails. 
Fact #2, you always post your stupid memes after you’ve lost the argument. 
Helpful hint: get some new material. These old recycled memes are really getting stale. If you’re gonna keep hating, at least try to bring something original to the table. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Fact #1, I’ve never been a “SEC” bandwagon fan. I’ve stated on this very forum that the chants are stupid. BAMA fans don’t ride coattails. 
Fact #2, you always post your stupid memes after you’ve lost the argument. 
Helpful hint: get some new material. These old recycled memes are really getting stale. If you’re gonna keep hating, at least try to bring something original to the table. 

LMAO .... lost the argument ..... ALL of yawls arguments about not expanding the playoffs are ridiculous .... SEC, SEC, SEC .... :rofl:

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

@WestHardinfan1 shouldn’t your playoff include the FCS conference champions to get a “true” national champion of Division 1 football?

No....FCS is a separate entity and it HAS a real playoff.....you must be taking lessons from libtards....that's the kind of asinine bs they use in political discussions....😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

LMAO .... lost the argument ..... ALL of yawls arguments about not expanding the playoffs are ridiculous .... SEC, SEC, SEC .... :rofl:

I couldn’t care less if they expand it. I’m simply refuting your ridiculous point about WHY one particular coach doesn’t want to see it expanded. You and I both know that, regardless of what kind of system they create, he’s gonna win his share of the trophies. And while he’s doing it, you’ll be sitting on your porch swing in your starched and ironed 2005 Longhorns BCS National Championship T-shirt mocking the SEC chant. But, hey, you’ll always have the ‘19 Sugar Bowl, right? 

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I couldn’t care less if they expand it. I’m simply refuting your ridiculous point about WHY one particular coach doesn’t want to see it expanded. You and I both know that, regardless of what kind of system they create, he’s gonna win his share of the trophies. And while he’s doing it, you’ll be sitting on your porch swing in your starched and ironed 2005 Longhorns BCS National Championship T-shirt mocking the SEC chant. But, hey, you’ll always have the ‘19 Sugar Bowl, right? 

giphy.gif

Sounds like someone else I know. 

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I guess we are getting a more sophisticated clientele here.....this thread usually ends after 1 page and a half........lol...... 

I wouldn’t go that far. Kurt and myself are making the bulk of the posts. I’ve been called a lot of things but I don’t recall “sophisticated” ever being one of them. And Kirt is........ well, Kirt. 

• LOL! 2