Will Kurt Traylor join Jeff Traylor at UTSA?

dillonpanthers

Just now, blackflag79 said:

I would say Kurt will likely end up there with Jeff if the opportunity arrives.  The money would be too good to pass up.

That's what I would think. Heard he had wanted to go to SFA if Jeff had gone but money wasnt good for assistants. Would think at a D1 school that wouldn't be an issue 

11 hours ago, DWH73 said:

I thought he was ready for retirement before he was talked into staying as Gilmer's head coach. 

Yes, this is what I was told by a reliable source close to the situation at that time.  The jump in pay helped his retirement pay, from what I understand.

2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Yes, this is what I was told by a reliable source close to the situation at that time.  The jump in pay helped his retirement pay, from what I understand.

Turner has too much energy. All of his players will tell you they forget he is 60. He was the offensive mind behind Traylor, and it only made sense to promote him. He also is a good guy, money has nothing to do with him taking the head coach position. 

8 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Coaching D1 football, working for your brother, make a lot of money that can still go to your TRS retirement. and you get to stay in Texas.

Not seeing a downside, tbh...

2 hours ago, AKA said:

I'm a family man too, but if D-I dollars are involved it sure would help my family to take the opportunity. 

As most would. But not every decision in life should be based on money. But that my be only my opinion though. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Will Kurt Traylor join Jeff Traylor at UTSA?