Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dillonpanthers

Will Kurt Traylor join Jeff Traylor at UTSA?

Recommended Posts

I would say Kurt will likely end up there with Jeff if the opportunity arrives.  The money would be too good to pass up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blackflag79 said:

I would say Kurt will likely end up there with Jeff if the opportunity arrives.  The money would be too good to pass up.

That's what I would think. Heard he had wanted to go to SFA if Jeff had gone but money wasnt good for assistants. Would think at a D1 school that wouldn't be an issue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the volatility of college coaching and their staff these days

not sure I would put my eggs in that basket, but I guess time will tell.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DWH73 said:

With the volatility of college coaching and their staff these days

not sure I would put my eggs in that basket, but I guess time will tell.  LOL

With the pay, you would be set even if it was only for a few years. Then you can go back to a high school program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Don't know about Turner leaving Gilmer.  

I thought he was ready for retirement before he was talked into staying as Gilmer's head coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DWH73 said:

I thought he was ready for retirement before he was talked into staying as Gilmer's head coach. 

That's kind of what I was thinking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DWH73 said:

I thought he was ready for retirement before he was talked into staying as Gilmer's head coach. 

Yes, this is what I was told by a reliable source close to the situation at that time.  The jump in pay helped his retirement pay, from what I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't surprise me at all for Traylor to want to get the old band back together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DWH73 said:

With the volatility of college coaching and their staff these days

not sure I would put my eggs in that basket, but I guess time will tell.  LOL

Agreed. Too much of a risk in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see him saying no if he's asked. Money alone would be too much to turn down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Can't see him saying no if he's asked. Money alone would be too much to turn down.

He’s a family man so there’s other factors involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a family man too, but if D-I dollars are involved it sure would help my family to take the opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Yes, this is what I was told by a reliable source close to the situation at that time.  The jump in pay helped his retirement pay, from what I understand.

Turner has too much energy. All of his players will tell you they forget he is 60. He was the offensive mind behind Traylor, and it only made sense to promote him. He also is a good guy, money has nothing to do with him taking the head coach position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKA said:

I'm a family man too, but if D-I dollars are involved it sure would help my family to take the opportunity. 

Especially when your brother is the one asking you to come take those D1 dollars.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Coaching D1 football, working for your brother, make a lot of money that can still go to your TRS retirement. and you get to stay in Texas.

Not seeing a downside, tbh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AKA said:

I'm a family man too, but if D-I dollars are involved it sure would help my family to take the opportunity. 

As most would. But not every decision in life should be based on money. But that my be only my opinion though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

As most would. But not every decision in life should be based on money. But that my be only my opinion though. 

No argument here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

As most would. But not every decision in life should be based on money. But that my be only my opinion though. 

To me the working for your brother in a D1 program that will still count towards your TRS would be enough for me. Beyond the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...