Pleasant Grove Hawks VS Greenwood Rangers at the Star Dec 13

Hawknation03

State semi-finals  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Greenwood Rangers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 12:00 AM

Love your confidence! I am looking at some high lights right now. Seems 4,11,19, and 13 are Greenwoods playmakers. Looks like they run some wing T but mix in different looks out of the gun. 11 doesn't look to be like Eddie Ray or Fluellen but he is definately their best WR. Their RB looks like 130 -150 lbs. short and shifty. PG D line should have a pretty good game against their O line.  

If any team left in 4A DII wants to beat Pleasant Grove they better have an O line that can push the PG D line off the line of scrimmage and they better have a plan for LB number 6. I don’t see either one happening. 
PG will have to turn the ball over giving their opponent a short field. 
PG offense will grind and grind with hard running backs and when you least expect it, the QB will hit on a pass for a TD. 
I do not believe anyone Left can or will beat PG. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If any team left in 4A DII wants to beat Pleasant Grove they better have an O line that can push the PG D line off the line of scrimmage and they better have a plan for LB number 6. I don’t see either one happening. 
PG will have to turn the ball over giving their opponent a short field. 
PG offense will grind and grind with hard running backs and when you least expect it, the QB will hit on a pass for a TD. 
I do not believe anyone Left can or will beat PG. 

Greenwood does not appear to have an O Line that can move the D1 Line of PG. I know I say it a lot but here it goes again "PG better not play down or take Greenwood lightly" If they play like they did against Gilmer last week then lord help the Rangers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Greenwood does not appear to have an O Line that can move the D1 Line of PG. I know I say it a lot but here it goes again "PG better not play down or take Greenwood lightly" If they play like they did against Gilmer last week then lord help the Rangers. 

Coaching has PG prepared. The coaching staff along with the leadership of the players are too good to let the team take Greenwood lightly. As long as PG plays like they did against Gilmer, then they will not lose these last two games...too many offensive weapons and a DL that is relentless.

• Like 1

After looking at film of Greenwood - not sure that they are better than SH.  I thought Sunnyvale was better than SH because of their LB and QB play (though SH has a good QB as well).  But I don't see anything on Greenwood that makes me think they would finish above SH in our district.  Not knocking SH at all - I think they are a great program and will continue to improve.  Just don't see anything on GW that scares me.  As long as PG plays close to potential and does not make multiple stupid mistakes (penalties and TO's) this game won't be competitive at all.  

PG starts fast and rolls through the game.  PG by at least 28.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

After looking at film of Greenwood - not sure that they are better than SH.  I thought Sunnyvale was better than SH because of their LB and QB play (though SH has a good QB as well).  But I don't see anything on Greenwood that makes me think they would finish above SH in our district.  Not knocking SH at all - I think they are a great program and will continue to improve.  Just don't see anything on GW that scares me.  As long as PG plays close to potential and does not make multiple stupid mistakes (penalties and TO's) this game won't be competitive at all.  

PG starts fast and rolls through the game.  PG by at least 28.

Same here. watched their game against Estacado. I would put them in the same category as maybe Sunnyvale or Spring hill. PG really should blow them off of the field Friday. I'll say PG by 35.

25 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Same here. watched their game against Estacado. I would put them in the same category as maybe Sunnyvale or Spring hill. PG really should blow them off of the field Friday. I'll say PG by 35.

Greenwood looks smaller than Sunnyvale on film. The Sunnyvale QB is the best QB PG has faced this year. He was solid running and throwing. In addition, I do not see a kid on GW like the Sterling kid at LB from Sunnyvale. People can think what they want, but SV and Gilmer would have been a close game.  PG just has too much for Greenwood to sustain four quarters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swaha said:

Greenwood looks smaller than Sunnyvale on film. The Sunnyvale QB is the best QB PG has faced this year. He was solid running and throwing. In addition, I do not see a kid on GW like the Sterling kid at LB from Sunnyvale. People can think what they want, but SV and Gilmer would have been a close game.  PG just has too much for Greenwood to sustain four quarters.

Can’t argue that. GW not as good as Sunnyvale. Definitely not as good as Gilmer. Oh and yes Sunnyvale vs Gilmer would have been a game for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

No matter the outcome this group is pretty dang good. If they stopped the kid on that played for the turkeys you could have possibly seen a threepeat. Does PG lose any studs anytime soon? Remarkable run. 

they will just move in more.....

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1