Pleasant Grove Hawks VS Greenwood Rangers at the Star Dec 13

Hawknation03

State semi-finals  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Greenwood Rangers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 12:00 AM

15 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Live with it because it's probably not going to stop. It's not recruiting. It's the parents that I blame.

As for me, I don't even blame the parents. There is nothing wrong with legally seeking the best experience for your child, whether academic, athletic, artistic, or extracurricular.

To give them the best opportunity we can is our duty. 

I worked my tail off, and made many sacrifices to be able to provide them the opportunities mine got. I wanted them to have the best chance to succeed so they could make the most of themselves, and be good providers and parents themselves.

True, it is not within reach of everyone. Jobs and skill levels will determine where you work, and where you can afford to live. Sometimes you have to just be grateful for, and do the best with what you have. Doing it with honor, and within the rules is also our responsibility. 

Cheating the system, or being sour about those that do participate justly are both undesirable.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 8:37 AM, HawkEye said:

I think seven, this will make 8.

Lost the first game to his Dad's team. 

Won all the rest (playoff games.)

1st Loss to Frisco

2nd Beat Frisco

3rd beat Aubrey

4 Beat Graham

5 beat Pittsburgh

6 beat Iowa Park 

7 beat Salado

8 beat Sunnyvale

9 against Greenwood?

10 minutes ago, futfan said:

As for me, I don't even blame the parents. There is nothing wrong with legally seeking the best experience for your child, whether academic, athletic, artistic, or extracurricular.

To give them the best opportunity we can is our duty. 

I worked my tail off, and made many sacrifices to be able to provide them the opportunities mine got. I wanted them to have the best chance to succeed so they could make the most of themselves, and be good providers and parents themselves.

True, it is not within reach of everyone. Jobs and skill levels will determine where you work, and where you can afford to live. Sometimes you have to just be grateful for, and do the best with what you have. Doing it with honor, and within the rules is also our responsibility. 

Cheating the system, or being sour about those that do participate justly are both undesirable.

Futfan you articulated the response better than I could have in regards to "blaming the parents". There is nothing wrong with wanting the best for your children.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

1st Loss to Frisco

2nd Beat Frisco

3rd beat Aubrey

4 Beat Graham

5 beat Pittsburgh

6 beat Iowa Park 

7 beat Salado

8 beat Sunnyvale

9 against Greenwood?

I missed Pittsburg. Thanks for the clarification.

There's no place like home, but THE STAR will do.

• Like 1

Just now, swaha said:

Futfan you articulated the response better than I could have in regards to "blaming the parents". There is nothing wrong with wanting the best for your children.

Kind words. Thanks.

My boys had a great time playing at PG, and could have played at some smaller colleges, but preferred to go to a school that met their academic needs. 

As of this weekend, they will both have  degrees from LSU and Masters from Ole Miss and A&M. 

They understood the importance of education, and appreciated the opportunities we gave them, but realized they were but big fish in a little pond.

They did not get to play for this administration, but I think we would have loved to. Props to the men who DID help them get where they are from Hawk Nation.

• Like 2

Recommend Noon.

If possible, 6 pm requires getting there during Dallas rush hour, (YUK), but at least you are not leaving the Metroplex. Still if you can leave at lunch, and eat local before the game would be optimum. Work prevents me going, but I hope I will get to travel one more time to Dallas for the final.

2 minutes ago, futfan said:

Recommend Noon.

If possible, 6 pm requires getting there during Dallas rush hour, (YUK), but at least you are not leaving the Metroplex. Still if you can leave at lunch, and eat local before the game would be optimum. Work prevents me going, but I hope I will get to travel one more time to Dallas for the final.

Can’t Get on the road until 1:30. 

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

1st Loss to Frisco

2nd Beat Frisco

3rd beat Aubrey

4 Beat Graham

5 beat Pittsburgh

6 beat Iowa Park 

7 beat Salado

8 beat Sunnyvale

9 against Greenwood?

We beat Frisco at Toyota Stadium the second year. This will be 8th time to play at Star. PG is 6-1 there.

• Thanks 1