Pleasant Grove Hawks VS Greenwood Rangers at the Star Dec 13

Hawknation03

State semi-finals  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Greenwood Rangers
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 12:00 AM

8 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

So you’re upset the official did his job. Gotcha. 

No. Just don’t agree with the rule. 
don’t like penalizing a kid for that kind of celebration. Hardly taunting in my eyes. 
If a Greenwood kid had done it to us while winning, I could honestly say I would not care. 

8 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Congrats Pleasant Grove. Great victory. Now go win one more. 

Just curious, how would Gilmer have stacked up against them

I think Gilmer would have won if they could stop their run. If not, it would be a shoot-out. 

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Rules are rules. You can't do it for athletic purpose is the rule. Everyone should play by the same rules. Of course everyone breaks this rule I guess.

And the rules are being applied too. PG has two varsity players that played JV for 1 year prior to playing varsity because they transferred. I will add the majority of the transfers are occurring in middle school or 9th grade.  In addition, every school in Bowie County has some form of open enrollement. You may not like it but the rules are being followed.  I am amazed that when PG starts winning it's because of transfers. 

• Like 2

I really want to give a ton of respect to Greenwood and their fans. They traveled really well and had a huge crowd! 
congrats on a good season!!

As for my hawks......

One heck of a win! Several key starters out and PG still got a pretty dominant win.

Sergio gets notable recognition for his play but my MVP goes to the LEADER.. Ben Harmon! 267 4 TDs and picked up a huge first down with his legs! One of the best wins I ever saw from the Grove! 
WE ARE NOT DONE YET! 

GO HAWKS WIN STATE!!

13 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I really want to give a ton of respect to Greenwood and their fans. They traveled really well and had a huge crowd! 
congrats on a good season!!

As for my hawks......

One heck of a win! Several key starters out and PG still got a pretty dominant win.

Sergio gets notable recognition for his play but my MVP goes to the LEADER.. Ben Harmon! 267 4 TDs and picked up a huge first down with his legs! One of the best wins I ever saw from the Grove! 
WE ARE NOT DONE YET! 

GO HAWKS WIN STATE!!

Official stats say 296

16 hours ago, swaha said:

And the rules are being applied too. PG has two varsity players that played JV for 1 year prior to playing varsity because they transferred. I will add the majority of the transfers are occurring in middle school or 9th grade.  In addition, every school in Bowie County has some form of open enrollement. You may not like it but the rules are being followed.  I am amazed that when PG starts winning it's because of transfers. 

It's not just PG. L-E went through the same thing for 15-20 years. Same thing at Texas High and Arkansas High. I personally know of many cases where the rules haven't been followed. Glad PG is doing it right.