Miller
Alice
Kingsville

16-4A
Zapata
Rio Grande City Grulla
Hidalgo
La Feria

6 4a, that would be a tough district, I like it. I am from Brownwood.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, Yoe09 said:

Thoughts? What would you change?

1-4A
Ysleta
Clint
Clint Mountain View
San Elizario
Fabens

2-4A
Fort Stockton
Andrews
Big Spring
San Angelo Lake View

3-4A
Hereford
Canyon
Dumas
Pampa
Burkburnett
City View

4-4A
Springtown
Decatur
Argyle
Gainesville
Melissa
Anna

5-4A
Ft Worth Benbrook
Ft Worth Carter-Riverside
Ft Worth Dunbar
Fr Worth Eastern Hills
Ft Worth Western Hills
FW Diamond Hill-Jarvis
Lake Worth
Castleberry

6-4A
Brownwood
Stephenville
La Vega
Alvarado
Kennedale

7-4A
Dallas Carter
Dallas Lincoln
Dallas Pinkston
Dallas Roosevelt
North Dallas
Ranchview

8-4A
Dallas Hutchins
Midlothian Heritage
Waxahachie Life
Kaufman
Terrell
Mabank

9-4A
Lindale
Chapel Hill
Kilgore
Henderson
Athens
Palestine
Paris

10-4A
Livingston
Splendora
Huffman Hargrave
Lumberton
Vidor
LCM

11-4A
Houston Furr
Houston Kashmere
Houston North Forest
Houston Scarborough
Houston Washington
Houton Wheatley
Houston Worthing
Houston Yates

12-4A
Bay City
El Campo
Needville
Columbia
Brazosport
Stafford
Calhoun

13-4A
Lampasas
Burnet
Taylor
Fredericksburg
Canyon Lake

14-4A
La Vernia
Boerne
Somerset
Pleasanton
Uvalde

15-4A
Beeville
Calallen
Tuloso-Midway
Miller
Alice
Kingsville

16-4A
Zapata
Rio Grande City Grulla
Hidalgo
La Feria

4 4a will be a tough one as well

On 12/12/2019 at 3:22 PM, dfwfootballfan said:

I was thinking LV would be Reg 2, LP would be Reg 3 going south with Houston...IDK man, I'm a DFW guy...

lol I hear ya.

If there were enough schools, maybe it'd happen. But Lufkin has been Region II the last two years as well. Just not enough schools in 5A D1 for it to work.

I think ideally, we'd have Longview/Tyler and East DFW in district 8 to close our R2, and then Lufkin and Southeast Texas as District 9 to start R3. But just not enough schools.

I hope your predictions are correct. District 12 would be a District of Doom and District 11 would be Pick your own Poison. Those 2 districts would be loaded. Adding some powerful central texas team to region 3 also would get us ready for region 4 in the semifinals. 

On 12/3/2019 at 5:34 PM, Yoe09 said:

SECOND PROJECTION

1-3A

Dalhart

Bushland

Amarillo River Road

Muleshoe

Littlefield

Shallowater

2-3A

Slaton

Brownfield

Lamesa

Denver City

Kermit

3-3A

Breckenridge

Clyde

Early

Jim Ned

Wall

San Angelo TLCA

4-3A

Bowie

Boyd

Brock

Paradise

Pilot Point

Ponder

Whitesboro

5-3A

Pottsboro

Howe

Bonham

Commerce

Rains

6-3A

Dallas A+

Dallas Life Oak Cliff

Dallas Madison

Eustace

Kemp

Malakoff

7-3A

Mineola

Galdewater

Sabine

White Oak

Tatum

8-3A

Mt. Vernon

Winnsboro

Jefferson

Atlanta

New Boston

9-3A

Maypearl

Grandview

Whitney

West

Groesbeck

Teague

Fairfield

McGregor

10-3A

Lorena

Troy

Academy

Cameron

Rockdale

Caldwell

Lago Vista

Llano

11-3A

Westwood

Elkhart

Crockett

Trinity

Diboll

Huntington

Coldspring

12-3A

Woodville

Kirbyville

Buna

Tarkington

Hardin

East Chambers

Anahuac

13-3A

Boling

Columbus

Edna

Hempstead

Hitchcock

Palacios

Industrial

14-3A

Aransas Pass

Goliad

Hallettsville

Luling

Yoakum

Mathis

Marion

Randolph

15-3A

Blanco

Comfort

Jourdanton

Lytle

Poteet

S.A. Cole

Cotulla

16-3A

London

Falfurrias

Lyford

Progreso

San Diego

SGA

Orange Grove

Bishop

Region I: 24

Region II: 21

Region III: 30

Region IV: 31

This one make more sense for region 2 but UIL making the final call. Opinion 1 our district will be the new district of doom for 3A!

District 9
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Jacksonville
Mount Pleasant
Texas High
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse

----------

If this is what comes to fruition (I really can't see it happening another way TBH), this could be a very competitive district in 2020.

Texas High will be coming in flying high thanks to that monumental upset of Lufkin in the playoffs.  Tigers struggled the last few years in 5A Div I.  And TBH, they struggled in 2017 before the split happened.  But they righted the ship in 2019 it appears.  I expect THS to be an immediate contender for the district title in 2020.

Pine Tree is probably going to be a media and fan favorite for the district title...... maybe.  I don't think anyone will argue that the Pirates will likely have the #1 offense in 2020.  They return a ton of experience on the offensive side of the ball this coming fall.  What caused PT to drop from title contender to 4th place finish in 2019?  DEFENSE.  If the Pirates can shore up their porous defense, they could run away with things.  

Three time defending district champion Marshall will be returning a lot of talent in 2020 as well.  However, the Mavs will be looking to replace some key parts as well.  Namely.... they will need a QB.  They have a district champion 9th grade team that may provide some young talent.  The JV finished in 2nd place, and should fill some holes as well.  Defense was Marshall's strength in district play in 2019.  That could be the same in 2020.  But the offense has lots of holes to fill. 

Whitehouse will have a lot returning in 2020 as well.  The Wildcats were the lone team to win their Bi-district  playoff game.  They have proven themselves to be annual district title contenders.  No reason to think 2020 will be any different.  Offense always seems to be their strength.... defense has traditionally struggled.  

Mount Pleasant feels like they are on the edge of being a contender in this district.  Their biggest issue EVERY season seems to be a lack of depth.  They have a small 4A roster.  That's bad news in 5A.  They have talent on the field.... they just seem to run out of gas.  Too many players playing both ways?  The question marks IMHO are Nac, Hallsville, and Jacksonville.  

I honestly expected Nac to challenge for the district title in 2019, but they had turnover issues and defensive problems that plagued them all season.  Their lone wins were over the two bottom teams in the district (Hallsville and Jax).  Their loss to MP was shocking IMHO.  Dragons never really became what we all thought they would be.

And I hate to be harsh...but Hallsville was the worst team I saw in 2019.... and it was the worst Bobcat team I've witnessed since the series started in 2000.  I'm not sure how they improve from this, although their lower levels had some success.  Time will tell.  But.... hard to think there will be a dramatic turnaround in 2020 based on what was seen in 2019.  While Hallsville hasn't had a ton of success in the last decade or so.... they were always competitive... and they were never an easy win.  That's not the case right now.

Jacksonville always has talent on the field.  Just seems like they put all their eggs in one basket with their offense, and their defense is their achilles heel.  Depth is an issue as well.  If they can just get some more bodies to come out.... the Indians could make some noise.  

I'm predicting a four team race for the district title..... Texas High, Pine Tree, Marshall and Whitehouse.  But I don't thin Nac will be an easy out in 2020.... they SHOULD be improved.  MP's road to the playoffs got a little harder having THS take Lindale's place... and again...lack of depth.  

Can't wait to see the alignment.

A little more anxious to see the 2020 full schedule.  I'm expecting to see some drastic changes in non-district for a few teams.

• Like 1

I think Waco area gets two district in 2A Div. 1.  Possibly North and South.   Tolar, Itasca, and Rio Vista  will get the three northern most Waco teams in Axtell, Dawson, and Bosqueville.  Hamilton, Goldthwaite, and San Saba will pick up Cisco, Coleman and Deleon, and get sent to Region 1.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So who will be contenders to win the 4A-D2 state championship?

Celina, PG, Wimberly, Jasper, WOS, Silsbee, Carthage

Who else or did I list someone we expect to fall off a bit next year?

Carthage barely makes the playoff. Interesting seeing Van do something. Gilmer always a player.

• Stinks 1

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So who will be contenders to win the 4A-D2 state championship?

Celina, PG, Wimberly, Jasper, WOS, Silsbee, Carthage

Who else or did I list someone we expect to fall off a bit next year?

I think you have to include China Spring. I know their record does not reflect it; however, they look to have most everyone back. It looks like they lose around a dozen seniors, according to Maxpreps.

On 12/14/2017 at 5:38 PM, Panther89 said:

Spring Hill needs to be in Class 3A-D1, and not Class 4A-D2! SH needs to be in the same district as Gladewater, White Oak, Jefferson, and Sabine! It would help on travel expenses, and would be better for rivalry purposes! It would just make better sense all around if we were out of Class 4A.......just my personal opinion!

From a Texarkana perspective, being on the edge of any district configuration, travel is Always going to be an issue. Never going to be in the middle of the territory. 

Rivalries can always be scheduled pre-season. 

There are always teams on the cusp of the alignment numbers. Perhaps applying for an exemption to move up is sensical, but requesting to move down would open a Pandora’s box that UIL would never get shut.