Pottsboro vrs Brock

covercity

3 minutes ago, HGWar6 said:

Pottsboro sure does know how to live on the edge in these games.  Anyone question the playcall?  I wasn't listening or watching the game but from reading the comments about Pottsboro not stopping Brock's running game, does anyone think Brock could have made it over 3rd and 4th downs?

yes, I think if they stayed with the run around the end brock could have won

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coulda shoulda woulda......it's all just speculation.  The bottom line is that Pottsboro came away with the win and will be advancing to their first ever State Championship game.  Congrats to the Pottsboro Cardinals and all of their fanbase and supporters. This is what these playoffs are all about!!

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

What a great football game and a great ending to a real shootout between two deserving teams.  Can't get much better than this game.  I watched it on NFHS......what a great deal that is too......to see all of these games and even on demand later on afterwards.  You can even switch back and forth between games going on at the same time......a Texas high school football fan's heaven, for sure.

I also watched it on NFHS, and it really is worth the price.

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

What a great football game and a great ending to a real shootout between two deserving teams.  Can't get much better than this game.  I watched it on NFHS......what a great deal that is too......to see all of these games and even on demand later on afterwards.  You can even switch back and forth between games going on at the same time......a Texas high school football fan's heaven, for sure.

Agreed. I'm starting to like that network more each week. Good price as well. 

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Coulda shoulda woulda......it's all just speculation.  The bottom line is that Pottsboro came away with the win and will be advancing to their first ever State Championship game.  Congrats to the Pottsboro Cardinals and all of their fanbase and supporters. This is what these playoffs are all about!!

right on

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, Bclove05 said:

Does Brock not have a kicker? 

I believe so. I think they went for the long ball because of how much time was on the clock. 

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Pottsboro has a great team. They won’t out athlete many teams but they play fundamentally sound team ball. They will have a tall task next week, but I’ve learned my lesson picking against them. 

Incredible game to watch. Both teams just throwing haymakers at each other. Cash Jones for Brock is amazing. The play call at the end was gutsy for sure. They had them outflanked 4 to 3 in their formation and he probably could've just ran straight ahead and you still give yourself a chance at a FG but hindsight is always 20/20. Well worth the price of admission.

Heck of a game.  I watched it on NFHS.  Pottsboro definitely deserves the win.  They hung in and fought like crazy against a really tough Brock team.  I don't know anything about the Brock kicker but the announcers sure were high on him earlier in the game.  If he was really that good, I would have called the last couple plays a little differently.  I run the sweep on 3rd and 11.  Be a toss up whether they get the first down or not but they would likely have picked up several yards.  If not a first down, kick field goal winner on 4th.  All hindsight, but if I'm Brock I don't let my season be dictated by my mediocre passing game.  I was pulling for Potts by the way.  Good luck next Thursday Cards!  I'll be at that one.

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

So this makes 5 straight years that koff has lost to state champs or runner up 2 champs, 2 runner ups

I was looking at the number of starters that they had this year that were underclassmen and I believe that they should back in the hunt again next year!

Guest Tiger03lb
7 minutes ago, DieHardCubFan said:

I was looking at the number of starters that they had this year that were underclassmen and I believe that they should back in the hunt again next year!

Definitely. Just goes to show how good the program is. They only had 3 kids from last years team come back, and only two of them are playing and the other is injured. The rest was from the jv team last year. I think they graduated 22/23 last year. They'll have a good squad next year for sure. I'm not jumping on the band wagon, I find it fascinating that the HC got this young team where he did this year. 

15 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Well said!!!

Whether anyone believes the best team is in the title game or not is moot.  Pottsboro has played 15 games and scored more points than their opponent 15 times.  So is the best team in the final???  In 2019 yes they are!!

9 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Well said!!!

Whether anyone believes the best team is in the title game or not is moot.  Pottsboro has played 15 games and scored more points than their opponent 15 times.  So is the best team in the final???  In 2019 yes they are!!

True. They deserve to be there. I will be rooting for them. 

7 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Well said!!!

I could be wrong but I don't remember reading any posts on here that said the Cardinals didn't deserve to be where they are. Any team that wins 15 games and gets to the state championship game deserves to be there. Ya'll beat some really good teams to get where you are which makes what this Pottsboro team did that much sweeter. Enjoy this time. Many good teams have never been where ya'll are. Last year, after dropping down to 3A, we beat the defending 4A Div II State Champs, Pleasant Grove in non district.  They went on to once again play for the 4A State Championship. In fact they are playing tonight for another chance to be back in the Big game. Congrats and good luck next week. It would be nice to say we were within a few yards of beating the State Champs. Maybe we will get the chance to meet up again next year.