nacdragon07

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Statewide - Aledo

ET - Carthage

The end. 

1) Aledo
2) Allen
3) Carthage

Don't really think you can say much different tbh.

What Allen has done on the 6A D1 level has been nothing short of beyond impressive. I mean this year is the first year they haven't gone to the Semi-Finals in 6A D1 since 2011. Unreal, even if they are that big of a school.

14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

1) Aledo
2) Allen
3) Carthage

What Allen has done on the 6A D1 level has been nothing short of beyond impressive. I mean this year is the first year they haven't gone to the Semi-Finals in 6A D1 since 2011. Unreal, even if they are that big of a school.

This is the reason Surratt needs to stay in Carthage for another decade at least, (or forever!) Unless and until there is no question who is unquestionably the greatest high school program in Texas!😜👌

• LOL! 1

19 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

This is the reason Surratt needs to stay in Carthage for another decade at least, (or forever!) Unless and until there is no question who is unquestionably the greatest high school program in Texas!😜👌

You think Aledo coach is about to retire any time soon? 

37 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

1) Aledo
2) Allen
3) Carthage

Carthage program > Allen program. 

Carthage has made a living out of beating schools with equal or more enrollment. Allen has not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Carthage program > Allen program. 

Carthage has made a living out of beating schools with equal or more enrollment. Allen has not. 

Eh. Allen has beaten who’s been put in front of them. You can’t fault a program for their enrollment. 

Had Carthage not had that 6-6 season, then we could talk. But Allen hasn’t had less than 10 wins all decade in a season, and doing it on the largest level of football here in Texas. And 8 straight trips to at least the 5A/6A Semis is unheard of even by Katy and Lake Travis and the likes.

51 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Eh. Allen has beaten who’s been put in front of them. You can’t fault a program for their enrollment. 

Had Carthage not had that 6-6 season, then we could talk. But Allen hasn’t had less than 10 wins all decade in a season, and doing it on the largest level of football here in Texas. And 8 straight trips to at least the 5A/6A Semis is unheard of even by Katy and Lake Travis and the likes.

You have your opinion, I have mine. It is what it is. 

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

You have your opinion, I have mine. It is what it is. 

He probably thinks if Alabama went independent, and played SFA, Lamar, Louisiana Tech, McNeese State, etc for 12 games, Saban would deserve national coach of the year for going 12 - 0. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, nacdragon07 said:

As we near the end of this decade who would you say has earned the right to be called the best football program of this decade ? I would have to say Carthage. 

As I was logging in to this thread Carthage was precisely the team that was on my mind

• Like 1

Mart has to be included in any conversation regarding team of the decade...If we win Thursday that will give us 4 state championships in 5 appearances, with 3 more appearances in the semifinals. 121-22 since 2010...I'll take that anyday...

In my opinion...

1. Aledo 2. Carthage 3. Mart 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigTweet said:

Mart has to be included in any conversation regarding team of the decade...If we win Thursday that will give us 4 state championships in 5 appearances, with 3 more appearances in the semifinals. 121-22 since 2010...I'll take that anyday...

In my opinion...

1. Aledo 2. Carthage 3. Mart 

Well ya'll actually have more wins than Carthage and the same amount of losses. Carthage does have 1 more state championship than ya'll. You can go either or after Aledo. Not that big of a deal. 

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

He probably thinks if Alabama went independent, and played SFA, Lamar, Louisiana Tech, McNeese State, etc for 12 games, Saban would deserve national coach of the year for going 12 - 0. 

....Allen has beaten the best 6A D1 schools in the state for the full decade. How is that anything comparable? 

These type of discussions always lead to this type of question....

Is it more impressive for a 5a/6a school to win a 100 games and 4 titles in a decade vs a 2a/3a/4a school winning 100 games and 4 titles in a decade?

Me personally, I can see both sides of the argument... if a large school has a weak class or two coming through, it can be offset by the amount of kids in the school, especially if they have large numbers in the program. If a small school has a weak class or two, it can basically sink the program. So it's very impressive for a small school to compete on a yearly basis.

on the other hand you could argue that there are fewer easy games in 5a/6a because everyone has talent because of the higher enrollment vs in 2a/3a/4a because small schools can have alot more bad schools and weaker teams because of the lower enrollment

I think both are equally impressive.

On 12/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, powerlifter said:

sports writers MIGHT AGREE and MAYBE NOT 

Wos doesn't care and has nothing to prove to anybody, not now not ever. Real  successful programs don't about what sports writers or anyone else has to say.

• Like 1