High school football program of the decade

nacdragon07

On 12/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, nacdragon07 said:

As we near the end of this decade who would you say has earned the right to be called the best football program of this decade ? I would have to say Carthage. 

Aledo, Carthage, Allen in that order.

4 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

That’s 11 years.

Decade is 2010-2019. Carthage 125-23 (84%). Played 148 out of a possible 158 games (2012 and 2016 only 15 possible games). 5 state titles. 3 more semi-final appearances. Two 16-0 seasons. A 40 game win streak. 5-0 in title games. Dominated teams in Championship games in the biggest moments with everybody watching. Probably played the best games of the season in every title game. That’s what makes Carthage so impressive to people not that familiar with them. Every time they see them on FSSW they are one of the best teams of the weekend. Especially 2017 and 2019. Execution was as good as any team that played in the title games. Offense has been pretty much unstoppable the last 2 games at Jerry World. Defense had studs both years. 

Really rolling past 4 seasons (2016-2019). Played in 62 out of a possible 63 games. 59-3 overall. Two 16-0 seasons. 3 out of 4 state titles. Another semi-final appearance. 

Should be up there with the top programs in the state this decade. Top 3-4 program regardless where you rank them.

Crazy thing is Carthage seems to be getting stronger. I remember when the run 1st started big school fans on here would give Carthage fans a hard time cause we lost some games to 4a (new 5a) schools. Not often but Carthage did lose some games to those teams. Now it’s almost like Carthage never loses games. 3 straight undefeated regular seasons. Last time Carthage lost a pre-district game was 2015.

Great summation! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, txk85 said:

Carthage. i dont follow Aledo close enough.

Aledo...easy.  By winning this state title, and 9th overall,  they sit all by themselves as the team with the most titles in texas hs football history, And I'm 100% Carthage Bulldog.

Aledo won state in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2019.  If that ain't team of the decade, i don't know what is.  Oh,  and they won all the marbles in 2009 too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Aledo...easy.  By winning this state title, and 9th overall,  they sit all by themselves as the team with the most titles in texas hs football history, And I'm 100% Carthage Bulldog.

Aledo won state in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2019.  If that ain't team of the decade, i don't know what is.  Oh,  and they won all the marbles in 2009 too.

I agree 100%, coming in second place to that; we’ll take it! Hopefully the Dawgs can keep chasing and keep the pressure up by winning as many state titles as often as possible.

Maybe we can catch them one day and be number 1!

Go Dawgs!

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I agree 100%, coming in second place to that; we’ll take it! Hopefully the Dawgs can keep chasing and keep the pressure up by winning as many state titles as often as possible.

Go Dawgs!

Surratt can’t leave before then!!!!😜🤨

33 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Go Dawgs!

As long as SS roams the Bulldog sidelines that's certainly possible!

ps,  did you notice i threw in "oh they won all the marbles in 2009 too". I'm a quick study 😂

Only Gordon Wood and G.A. Moore have more titles than Carthage coach Scott Surratt. If he stays at the highschool level he will be alone at the top by time he is through. Just our luck that maybe the best coach in the history of Texas hsfb is at our biggest rival just 28 miles down hwy 79 lol.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Only Gordon Wood and G.A. Moore have more titles than Carthage coach Scott Surratt. If he stays at the highschool level he will be alone at the top by time he is through. Just our luck that maybe the best coach in the history of Texas hsfb is at our biggest rival just 28 miles down hwy 79 lol.

For probably half his head coaching career...……..Going to different divisions...…….And as long as the UIL keeps up the same trend, it will be several years before Carthage and Hendo are in the same division again, if ever. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

For probably half his head coaching career...……..Going to different divisions...…….And as long as the UIL keeps up the same trend, it will be several years before Carthage and Hendo are in the same division again, if ever. 

You guys need to take a year off so Henderson will schedule the Dawgs. Nothing gets em excited than an easy win.

Argyle went.......close your ears.......133-12 for the decade.  Should've won 3 titles, but lost to LV 33-31 in 2015,  and to Navasota in that bad call game 42-35(2/OT) in 2014. Also lost to Wimberley 21-14 in 2011.  Went 16-0 in 2013.  The won/loss record is top-notch, and the appearances to the finals ain't too shabby either over that span.  That's a 91.72% winning percentage against the best competition in the classification over that period.  Argyle typically scheduled the toughest opponents they could in predistrict........and had some very tough regional playoff teams to face each season.  Never have missed the playoffs......and won district every single year. Won Bidistrict and Area every year also.  Won Region 4 times, Semis 4 times.  Also went 56-0 in district play in that span.