High school football program of the decade

nacdragon07

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

And I'm certain that a few bad posters do not represent accurately the majority of Carthage fans......it's just unfortunate that you choose to do so.

I think this represents all of Carthage when we say there is no comparison when it comes to football.

Nobody is even saying anything bad about Argyle, except they are no where close in this conversation. 

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I think this represents all of Carthage when we say there is no comparison when it comes to football.

Nobody is even saying anything bad about Argyle, except they are no where close in this conversation. 

They are as close as any other team in 4A......I'd say that's in the neighborhood.

41 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Your right. Now if it said Lone Star Cup wins he would have a legit arguement.

They would be #1. Atleast I think. Not sure what schools like Aledo and Highland Park do in LSC. But what Argyle does seems unprecedented. They win every year. Awesome overall academic and athletic program. 

Just now, BulldogBacker12 said:

They would be #1. Atleast I think. Not sure what schools like Aledo and Highland Park do in LSC. But what Argyle does seems unprecedented. They win every year. Awesome overall academic and athletic program. 

Highland Park is the closest......Aledo not even on the radar in that type of accolade.

9 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Lucky Argyle played Fairfield in 2013, and not Carthage. Or the Eagles would have zero state titles. 

Good observation.  Argyle did beat that 2013 group by 3 points? when they were sophomores though,  so we gotta give them that. 😁

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I remember that team. Larry Rose was a workhorse. 

Dude was a straight killer. I thought he was going to beat Argyle. He just got tired. I remember him breaking a long run late in the game that would’ve given them the lead. I think he got caught from behind, and then Fairfield turned it over on downs. That Fairfield team was awesome to watch. Came out of nowhere. Argyle was good that year too. Had Ian Sadler. He was legit. Probably best player to come through Argyle. I kept up with LR3. He had a great career at New Mexico State.

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

They are as close as any other team in 4A......I'd say that's in the neighborhood.

WOS, La Vega, Navasota, Carthage, and PG all won multiple state titles in 4a in the last decade. Gilmer won in 2014 and 2009. Played in another one in 2012. Let’s say in the same city, but not same neighborhood.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That is DCTF’s ranking of programs over the past six years not the past decade, but worth discussion.

6 years is kind of a strange time frame. But can’t argue with the list. Carthage had a 6-6 season in there in 2014. So that’s going to drop them in the list even thought they are 70-7 with 2 regional titles and 3 state titles the other 5 years. 

I guess 14’ and 15’ are Surratt’s only really rebuilding years. 15’ went on a hell of a playoff run, but that team overachieved. Those 2 years are probably the best coaching Surratt has done. A lot of teams go 1-9 in 2014, losing all those 3 year starters from 13’, and the crazy amount of injuries that year. Plus one of the toughest schedules in the state. By the time Carthage played El Campo in the 2nd round if the playoffs I think Carthage had lost like 9-10 starters.