High school football program of the decade

nacdragon07

16 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

6 years is kind of a strange time frame. But can’t argue with the list. Carthage had a 6-6 season in there in 2014. So that’s going to drop them in the list even thought they are 70-7 with 2 regional titles and 3 state titles the other 5 years. 

I guess 14’ and 15’ are Surratt’s only really rebuilding years. 15’ went on a hell of a playoff run, but that team overachieved. Those 2 years are probably the best coaching Surratt has done. A lot of teams go 1-9 in 2014, losing all those 3 year starters from 13’, and the crazy amount of injuries that year. Plus one of the toughest schedules in the state. By the time Carthage played El Campo in the 2nd round if the playoffs I think Carthage had lost like 9-10 starters. 

All good points.

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Until we get ten years removed from 2014 that 6-6 season will haunt Carthage in any of these top programs rankings by any publication. Just the way it is.

I’m not saying at all Carthage is going to go 6-6 this year, but this year is going to be very similar to 2014 with what’s returning and what was lost. Lost 32 seniors and the senior class had been big contributors on Varsity for 3 years. But there is more coming back with some OL, QB, RB, and WR. Defense is going to be where Carthage is gonna have to find some dudes. But the difference I think from those years is stacked classes coming up. In 14’ Carthage was kind of waiting on the freshman class. That was the next great class, and they proved it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some other DCTF rankings.  It includes a few ET teams.  You can find these from their channel on YT.

Team of the Year

6A: Galena Park North Shore
5A: Pflugerville Weiss
4A: Carthage
3A: Pottsboro
2A: Hamlin
1A: Blackwell

Top Offenses

10.  Highland Park - 52.6
9.  San Saba - 53.0
8.  Red Oak - 53.3
7.  Midland Lee - 53.6
6.  Corpus Christi Miller - 54.1
5.  McKinney North - 54.1
4.  Shiner - 55.6
3.  Panhandle - 55.7
2.  San Augustine - 57.6
1.  Humble Atasocita - 57.7

Top Defenses

10.  Duncanville - 9.8
9.  Lindsay - 9.7
8.  Alto - 9.2
7.  Austin Westlake - 9.0
6.  Ralls - 8.5
5.  Austin LBJ - 8.5
4.  East Bernard - 8.5
3.  Cy-Fair - 8.0
2.  San Saba - 7.0
1.  Diboll - 5.0

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Aledo said:

I was looking at some info and it dawned on me that Aledo is one win away from 7 consecutive state title appearances ('13-'19). In 2015 we lost in the semifinals to Lake Ridge who also beat John Tyler and Longview during their playoff run. 

Impressive...👌😋

On 1/25/2020 at 9:10 PM, Aledo said:

I was looking at some info and it dawned on me that Aledo is one win away from 7 consecutive state title appearances ('13-'19). In 2015 we lost in the semifinals to Lake Ridge who also beat John Tyler and Longview during their playoff run. 

Lake Ridge came down to Htown and got embarrassed at State by George Ranch. Aledo vs GR would've been a way better game. I left at the half thinking: no way THIS was the team that got out of that region. 

12 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Lake Ridge came down to Htown and got embarrassed at State by George Ranch. Aledo vs GR would've been a way better game. I left at the half thinking: no way THIS was the team that got out of that region. 

They were without their starting qb and both running backs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Carthage is on a roll it is interesting how their enrollment has dropped by 250 kids in the past 20 years.  Will this continue and if so will it affect their program in the future?  Of course we know the greatest factor will be when Coach S leaves.