High school football program of the decade

nacdragon07

5 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

With that target you’re getting the best effort if there is talent on that team. Keeping undefeated records are always nice and not easy. Heck Carthage as good as they’re can’t say that. 

Well,  to be fair to the Dawgs, we have played in "districts of doom" several times. And it appears that with some of aledo's districts,  there seems to be an acknolwedgment that their's weren't nearly as tough.  Having said that,  and someone please correct me if i'm wrong,  but you don't get to choose what district you're in. Aledo is still the best over last decade.  Period.  * But the Dawgs are hot on their trail!  Can't wait for football season!

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 3:46 PM, DAWG91 said:

Well,  to be fair to the Dawgs, we have played in "districts of doom" several times. And it appears that with some of aledo's districts,  there seems to be an acknolwedgment that their's weren't nearly as tough.  Having said that,  and someone please correct me if i'm wrong,  but you don't get to choose what district you're in. Aledo is still the best over last decade.  Period.  * But the Dawgs are hot on their trail!  Can't wait for football season!

No one can argue that.  Aledo, to make up for their districts in certain years have hosted and traveled to California etc to play some of the best high school teams in the nation and won the majority of them.  The other part of that, their one loss last year was to a 6A favorite for state champ.  I don't think that Denton team made the finals, but I remember it being a gut check for Aledo who really didn't look back after that loss.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 5:33 PM, DAWG91 said:

2019 won 28-7 (great defense), 2016 won 23-20 (good defense) 2011 lost 56-36 (no defense).  So,  i suppose i stand corrected.  2 out of 3 aint bad.  I left out the ones from way back when.  I must've been thinking about that 2011 game or another team.  One thing I guess I didn't take into consideration is that at that level,  you got a lot of,  if not most, starters going both ways.  In short, Refugio is a great program.

2011 they were 15-0 beating Cisco 36-35. 

It was 2013 they lost 56-36 to Cisco.  It wasn't that Refugio had no defense, they just came up against an incredible Cisco team with a few players that don't come along too often in 2A.  If you were at the game (maybe you were), you'd recognize that Cisco team was not to be denied by any defense in 2A. 

Same when they lost to Canadian in 2015 61-20.  That Canadian team was probably the best 2A team I've ever seen and it wasn't one of Refugio's better teams IMO.

3 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

2011 they were 15-0 beating Cisco 36-35. 

It was 2013 they lost 56-36 to Cisco.  It wasn't that Refugio had no defense, they just came up against an incredible Cisco team with a few players that don't come along too often in 2A.  If you were at the game (maybe you were), you'd recognize that Cisco team was not to be denied by any defense in 2A. 

Same when they lost to Canadian in 2015 61-20.  That Canadian team was probably the best 2A team I've ever seen and it wasn't one of Refugio's better teams IMO.

Cool.  I had trouble confirming some of those scores/years.  There was contradicting info. ✌🏻

3 hours ago, Aledo said:

Yet again you are just a little off but it's all good. Hosted California twice, Mississippi once, and traveled to Louisiana to play an Arkansas school. We went 3-1 in those games. And this past season we lost by 3 to Denton Guyer in week 1 who went on to made it to state in 6AD2. 

Can you tell that I only live in Aledo and work football for another school?  :p