High school football program of the decade

nacdragon07

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

against the best competition in the classification over that period. 

You are kidding right? Argyle played nobody for years. Came out of one of the weakest districts in the state. They even played in Region 1 for a little while. Argyle’s win percentage is impressive, but only in the last couple years did they play in a competitive district. 

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

You are kidding right? Argyle played nobody for years. Came out of one of the weakest districts in the state. They even played in Region 1 for a little while. Argyle’s win percentage is impressive, but only in the last couple years did they play in a competitive district. 

Obviously you are not a fan of Texas high school football and have zero respect for the competitive nature of the sport in this state.  You make yourself look quite foolish with your constant denigrating posts of every  team  EXCEPT Carthage.  The numbers speak for themselves.......I'm just quoting them.  

19 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Obviously you are not a fan of Texas high school football and have zero respect for the competitive nature of the sport in this state.  You make yourself look quite foolish with your constant denigrating posts of every  team  EXCEPT Carthage.  The numbers speak for themselves.......I'm just quoting them.  

Nah. I don’t talk down on many teams at all. Not talking down on Argyle. It’s there for everybody to see. Everybody can see the districts made up of Celina, Sanger, Whitesboro, Aubrey, Gainesville, Ranchview, Wilmer-Hutchins, Carter, Pinkston, Hirschi, Burkburnett, etc. Only the last 2 years did Argyle play in a competitive district. There are just not many good 4a teams in that area. Carthage has been in bad districts plenty of times. But have also been in tough districts plenty of times too. You don’t think it’s strange for a team to only lose 12 games in a decade but only win 1 state title? Argyle had a heck of a run from 2013 to 2015. Rest of the decade they were very good, but not elite IMO. 3 out of 10 years doesn’t put them in any conversation of top programs of the decade.

I’m not trying to denigrate Argyle. Just looking at it from a different perspective.

37 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Nah. I don’t talk down on many teams at all. Not talking down on Argyle. It’s there for everybody to see. Everybody can see the districts made up of Celina, Sanger, Whitesboro, Aubrey, Gainesville, Ranchview, Wilmer-Hutchins, Carter, Pinkston, Hirschi, Burkburnett, etc. Only the last 2 years did Argyle play in a competitive district. There are just not many good 4a teams in that area. Carthage has been in bad districts plenty of times. But have also been in tough districts plenty of times too. You don’t think it’s strange for a team to only lose 12 games in a decade but only win 1 state title? Argyle had a heck of a run from 2013 to 2015. Rest of the decade they were very good, but not elite IMO. 3 out of 10 years doesn’t put them in any conversation of top programs of the decade.

I’m not trying to denigrate Argyle. Just looking at it from a different perspective.

To get a more complete view of the complete historical archive of Argyle football.....MaxPreps has all the teams Argyle has ever played in football in its existence listed by year, the score of each game, and the season records.  This information is readily available to anyone who wishes to search it out.  Most schools don't have this kind of information listed......mainly because most schools have a longer history than 16 UIL full seasons.  But Argyle does.......and the administration has a done a stellar job of accurately recording it for historical reference. More than likely.....it was Coach Rodgers that was responsible for this kind of archive being recorded......he's been the only HC for Argyle thru all of the years(seasons).

39 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

To get a more complete view of the complete historical archive of Argyle football.....MaxPreps has all the teams Argyle has ever played in football in its existence listed by year, the score of each game, and the season records.  This information is readily available to anyone who wishes to search it out.  Most schools don't have this kind of information listed......mainly because most schools have a longer history than 16 UIL full seasons.  But Argyle does.......and the administration has a done a stellar job of accurately recording it for historical reference. More than likely.....it was Coach Rodgers that was responsible for this kind of archive being recorded......he's been the only HC for Argyle thru all of the years(seasons).

Not sure what this means? That’s where I got the info. The teams Argyle has played and the districts they have been in are there to see. Historically very weak.

15 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Not sure what this means? That’s where I got the info. The teams Argyle has played and the districts they have been in are there to see. Historically very weak.

You have to remember Argyle started out as a 2A(now called 3A) school will small enrollment. In their 3rd season, they lost to Newton in the Class 2A SC game 28-20.....Newton went undefeated( that year.  They jumped to 3A(Called 4A now) in year 4 and have steadily increased enrollment numbers from D-2 to D-1 since.  Over the years they have also set higher standards and won/loss records than in those first 5 yrs. Being in the same District w/ Celina and Prosper and even Decatur back then was nothing to sneeze at......those teams were very good back then.....as was Gainesville.  The overall record is still topnotch compared to 95% of the rest of the teams in Texas high school football......and the schedules played for the classification is also waaay above the norm.  Carthage actually dropped down, so they were in a larger classification with higher enrollment for the first 10 yrs that Argyle began as a high school.  So you really cannot compare accurately the schedules of those two schools only.......and you should and do already know this.  So why make it sound any different than it really is, Huh? What is your motive???  Are you not capable of giving those players and coaches the credit they worked so hard to accomplish and deserve?  You have a problem and it's not regaleagle that caused it.

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Sorry but you don't belong in any "team of the decade" conversation if all you've got to show for it is one title.  No matter how many other games you won or how often the AP has you ranked #1.  That's just silly.

Sorry......but you don't make those decisions......there are many viewers from across the state that come to this site that most likely think otherwise.

10 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

You have to remember Argyle started out as a 2A(now called 3A) school will small enrollment. In their 3rd season, they lost to Newton in the Class 2A SC game 28-20.....Newton went undefeated( that year.  They jumped to 3A(Called 4A now) in year 4 and have steadily increased enrollment numbers from D-2 to D-1 since.  Over the years they have also set higher standards and won/loss records than in those first 5 yrs. Being in the same District w/ Celina and Prosper and even Decatur back then was nothing to sneeze at......those teams were very good back then.....as was Gainesville.  The overall record is still topnotch compared to 95% of the rest of the teams in Texas high school football......and the schedules played for the classification is also waaay above the norm.  Carthage actually dropped down, so they were in a larger classification with higher enrollment for the first 10 yrs that Argyle began as a high school.  So you really cannot compare accurately the schedules of those two schools only.......and you should and do already know this.  So why make it sound any different than it really is, Huh? What is your motive???  Are you not capable of giving those players and coaches the credit they worked so hard to accomplish and deserve?  You have a problem and it's not regaleagle that caused it.

This decade is what this thread is about.  This decade started in 2010.

Argyle and Carthage played December 3, 2010 in the playoffs. 
So, tell all of Smoaky again how much bigger enrollment wise Carthage was this decade compared to Argyle. All of Smoaky will be waiting for your answer. 

I made my case for Argyle......whether you Carthage posters like it or not.  Your team is 1-1 against Argyle all-time......I'm not the least bit intimidated by anything Carthage. Why should I or any other Argyle player or coach or team from Argyle be?  I can almost guarantee Argyle has amassed more accolades in more UIL sports in the past decade than Carthage could shake a stick at.  And that don't even count the other UIL activities......just athletics. Argyle's trophy cases are full to the brim and constantly being expanded for more.....LOL.

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Sorry......but you don't make those decisions......there are many viewers from across the state that come to this site that most likely think otherwise.

You're still upset,  I understand.  If anyone across the state thinks that argyle football belongs in any "team of the decade" convo with their one title,  let them be of that opinion, makes no difference to me. The thread topic is team of the decade,  not "team most loved by pollsters over the last decade."  SMH. Silly.

I'm not upset......I'm laughing at your total incapacity to recognize the true and high accomplishments of what most of Texas recognizes already regarding Argyle. I was not the one denigrating anything......I just gave the numbers. It was the reaction from the Carthage poster(s) that I was retorting back to.

I made my case for Argyle......whether you Carthage posters like it or not.  Your team is 1-1 against Argyle all-time......I'm not the least bit intimidated by anything Carthage. Why should I or any other Argyle player or coach or team from Argyle be?  I can almost guarantee Argyle has amassed more accolades in more UIL sports in the past decade than Carthage could shake a stick at.  And that don't even count the other UIL activities......just athletics. Argyle's trophy cases are full to the brim and constantly being expanded for more.....LOL.

Yeah, you guys will be 6A in a couple more years at the rate you are going; What’s next, Argyle University?

10 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

But the topic is Titletown. Arygle can't even hold Carthage's cleats when it comes to football. Most cant even recall baseball basketball or other non football Champions.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Seriously......from what I can see and know about the growth in this Denton area, l would expect Argyle to move up to 5A-D2 in 2024. 

Give it 4 more years and Celina should surpass Argyle handily with all the land and growth they have going in that part of North Texas.

I'm not upset......I'm laughing at your total incapacity to recognize the true and high accomplishments of what most of Texas recognizes already regarding Argyle. I was not the one denigrating anything......I just gave the numbers. It was the reaction from the Carthage poster(s) that I was retorting back to.

I recognize that your team has one title to show for all this "greatness."  At least you've got all those #1 AP rankings though...

3 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

1 vs 7 all the numbers that matters now.

Maybe to you and a few other Carthage posters......but not for everyone that measures football programs and success in the sport.  There are other criteria besides just State Titles to figure into the equation.......like total won/loss record, trips to the finals, teams played in that period.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

Just now, regaleagle said:

Maybe to you and a few other Carthage posters......but not for everyone that measures football programs and success in the sport.  There are other criteria besides just State Titles to figure into the equation.......like total won/loss record, trips to the finals, teams played in that period.

...perineal #1 Ranking in preseason....