High school football program of the decade

nacdragon07

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The difference is that Argyle fans do not denigrate and heckel their competition, but reserve great respect for them.

All we're saying is that you dont get an invite to the table with only one title.  The thread topic is "high school FOOTBALL team of the decade."  Now I know you wanna bring in other sports to prop up your argument but,  no, sorry.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

The difference is that Argyle fans do not denigrate and heckel their competition, but reserve great respect for them.

And I'm certain that a few bad posters do not represent accurately the majority of Carthage fans......it's just unfortunate that you choose to do so.

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Maybe to you and a few other Carthage posters......but not for everyone that measures football programs and success in the sport.  There are other criteria besides just State Titles to figure into the equation.......like total won/loss record, trips to the finals, teams played in that period.

Ok bud I am sure you're in the minority cause it makes the Eagles look better. Reality maybe a tad different.

The topic was best "teams" of the decade......not "the best team" of the decade.  I was only giving a comparison to some of the other stats that Argyle had better stats in the decade than some from the teams that were mentioned.  Going to the big dance 4 times in a decade is NOT what I would call trivial......even with some of those ending in a loss.  You know as well as the rest of the football state that Argyle got robbed out of one SC title this decade.  So why make it sound like Argyle is a no-account when all the numbers and stats say differently?

Just now, regaleagle said:

I never intended for Argyle to be considered for that title.......only showed that among some of the other teams being touted that Argyle had some pretty darn good numbers too.

Honestly you can't be in the discussion unless the team has three or more championships. That alone knocks a lot of teams out. 

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The truth is that even IF Argyle had won every time they went to the SC title game......they still would only be 4-0 in the decade compared to the 7-0 Carthage is for the decade. So what's your  beef, anyway???

I don't speak for my fellow carthageians but I guess they would like to acknowledge their greatness. Sometimes you gotta know your role.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Sorry......but you don't make those decisions......there are many viewers from across the state that come to this site that most likely think otherwise.

I don’t think otherwise. Wins against lesser teams are great if you got the skins on the wall to go with it ...........

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

I'm not upset......I'm laughing at your total incapacity to recognize the true and high accomplishments of what most of Texas recognizes already regarding Argyle. I was not the one denigrating anything......I just gave the numbers. It was the reaction from the Carthage poster(s) that I was retorting back to.

What are you even talking about. Plenty of Carthage people are giving a lot of programs props in this thread. Dude, it is “Program of the Decade”. Argyle isn’t in the same stratosphere as programs mentioned.

And that is just like an Argyle poster to start shouting about all the “UIL” championships they have won. Everyone knows Argyle is awesome at all those things. It’s very impressive and should be celebrated. Lone Star Cups are an outstanding accomplishment. But this conversation is about football. Carthage and Argyle have zero in common when discussing football, except for the fact they both won a state title in 2013, Argyle’s only state title. What you should do is start a Lone Star Cup Progam of the decade. For sure Argyle is #1.

Just now, regaleagle said:

You are nutz in the head, Buddy!  Argyle has made it to the Final FOUR times out  of the last 10.  Go stick a corkscrew in your ear and turn up the music.  

End of the day you're having a loss . You cant claim the greatest now can you. 

• Like 1