High school football program of the decade

nacdragon07

2 hours ago, Aledo said:

In 2017 our offense was young. Sophomore QB, RB, and WR were all great players for us but just had a tough day in the title game. Our defense was pretty good though.  

The CHS offense that year was crazy good. 

That’s definitely a year Carthage would’ve won that matchup. There are other years Aledo would’ve won by multiple scores. 
Like you said, just depends on the year we’re talking about.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

No.

You’re wrong, just flat out wrong. 

2017 Aledo would not want any piece of 2017 Carthage. 

Why people thinking (and not just Dawgs fans, mind you) Carthage can beat really good larger classification teams gets under Longview fans’ skin so bad is beyond me. If anybody compares Longview and Carthage, boy, Lobo fans get plum angry then. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Why people thinking (and not just Dawgs fans, mind you) Carthage can beat really good larger classification teams gets under Longview fans’ skin so bad is beyond me. If anybody compares Longview and Carthage, boy, Lobo fans get plum angry then. 

....all he said was no.

He stated his opinion.

How is that getting under our skin? More so, you've shown it gets under your skin if someone doesn't agree that 2017 Carthage could beat anyone and everyone.

I don't know about either teams' season enough to give my opinon, but more often than not, I'd say Aledo would beat Carthage by multiple scores.

Bringing Longview into the equation is just ridiculous, imo. We haven't played since 1971. We're not playing any time soon. We're double the size, probably more, than Carthage is currently. There's just absolutely zero reason to even come close to comparing the schools.

For what it's worth, Carthage would no doubt win a few games against the lower levels of 6A competition. South Garland, most Valley teams, bad El Paso teams etc etc. But eh, again, no reason to even compare those schools situations to Carthage even.

13 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Not really the team was very good . No one was touching them in 4a and 5a wasn’t exactly a juggernaut. 40 + is a bit extreme. Carthage wouldn’t win 6a or anything but they would handle themselves quite nicely in 5a. Just my opinion.

You said "no one". What about North Shore to name one?

C'mon Lion

2 hours ago, Aledo said:

I agree. I'm sure it would be a good game. But to think Aledo would be intimidated or something is funny. 

I never said Aledo would be intimidated. Saying they wouldn’t any of that team is not the same as saying they would be intimidated. That’s not the way I meant it.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

....all he said was no.

He stated his opinion.

How is that getting under our skin? More so, you've shown it gets under your skin if someone doesn't agree that 2017 Carthage could beat anyone and everyone.

I don't know about either teams' season enough to give my opinon, but more often than not, I'd say Aledo would beat Carthage by multiple scores.

Bringing Longview into the equation is just ridiculous, imo. We haven't played since 1971. We're not playing any time soon. We're double the size, probably more, than Carthage is currently. There's just absolutely zero reason to even come close to comparing the schools.

For what it's worth, Carthage would no doubt win a few games against the lower levels of 6A competition. South Garland, most Valley teams, bad El Paso teams etc etc. But eh, again, no reason to even compare those schools situations to Carthage even.

What I bolded in your post above is something I have never said. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

....all he said was no.

He stated his opinion.

What gets under my skin is how Longview fans are generally so totally dismissive of anything any smaller classification school in East Texas accomplishes as lesser than. That’s what’s frustrating. 
The “No.” without any sort of discussion is just typical - dismissive. 

37 minutes ago, Aledo said:

Then what did you mean? Why would Aledo not want any part of Carthage in 2017? 

What I meant was Aledo would go into the game unafraid, Aledo will be afraid of no one ever, but quickly realize Carthage is way too much to handle, that year.

Way too many very experienced offensive weapons and our defense would’ve smothered y’all that year. Tons of experience on defense that year too, it was a veteran team on both sides of the ball.

Going into the state championship game against Carthage, Kennedale had rushed for more yards than any high school in the NATION, and got completely shutdown by Carthage, because of the DL and linebackers. 

That year we easily had the best receiving corps and LB corps all weekend all classifications. A senior Keaontay Ingram at RB as well.  That team was loaded on both sides of the ball and had lots of speed, great OL. Just a really great team. 
I watched y’all’s game that year and thought we’d beat y’all handily that year had we played.

2 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Agree do you think Carthage could have had a shot?  I don’t wanna upset folks but the dawgs were pound for pound the best. We can all agree most dominant and arguably best coach in the State.

You’ll never get Me to bet against Surratt & Company... No matter who the game is with.😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aledo said:

To be honest yall look like a really good 5A team. I just dont buy that Aledo would "quickly realize Carthage is way too much to handle, that year" lmao. I do think Carthage/College Station/Aledo would all be very close games. I dont think any team beats another by much. The size and speed advantage yall had over the 4A teams wouldnt translate against CS/Aledo. 

Thanks for the opinion and discussion. Hey, I sent you a DM!

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage is an amazing 4A program. Highly accomplished.

But y'all get a little carried away about what yall would do to great 5A and 6A programs every year. Just take what you are and move on. Aledo is not La Vega and would beat Carthage pretty much every year by probably at least two TDs. 2017 was your best bet but, I don't see it.

And you bringing up Longview... Ja'von King was a star on that Carthage defense this past year. Good player...but was at Longview spring of 2019 and couldnt get on the field.

Calm down...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ANTI said:

But y'all get a little carried away about what yall would do to great 5A and 6A programs every year. Just take what you are and move on. Aledo is not La Vega and would beat Carthage pretty much every year by probably at least two TDs. 2017 was your best bet but, I don't see it.

And you bringing up Longview... Ja'von King was a star on that Carthage defense this past year. Good player...but was at Longview spring of 2019 and couldnt get on the field.

Calm down...

Remember, Carthage is a rural city. Nothing to do but talk football and wack off....tru storie....

• LOL! 1

Just now, nacdragon07 said:

A Longview Carthage matchup would be interesting but we will never see it. Nac has beaten some of those past state championship Carthage teams

You are correct, they did, but that was early in the season and Carthage was at one time notorious for losing one or two early and winning 13 in a row.

That trend of Carthage losing early has ended. 

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

Calm down...

King was a good player for us and I am glad we had him. A star, no, a solid DB, yes.

You shouldn’t take one example and use it as your basis for telling me to calm down. 

Getting a little carried away....ok, you got me there for sure. 😂

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

Calm down...

Thanks for the nice compliments, We Carthage fans are quite proud of the records we have in Texas High School Football. 

The Coaches at Carthage have put the town in the news for something good, rather than a couple of other things that people think of. 

Do we sometimes get a bit overzealous because of the Dawgs’ successes? Yeah, Guilty as charged. Will we ever get on the field with Longview? Aledo? Nope, not a chance. 

Will it all come to an end one day after Scott Surratt, Darren Preston & the rest of that Top Flight coaching staff leaves? Absolutely.

Calm Down? Nope. Not a chance! We’re gonna ride this wave all the way to the beach....😬👌

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Aledo said:

@HearEmaGrowlin This was posted on the 6A site. You'll like this. Pound for pound greastest txhsfb programs.

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/518558-greatest-texas-hs-football-programs-of-all-time

Aledo, thank you for posting this! That is pretty cool. 
Yesterday afternoon, my dad and I played golf west of Weatherford at a course called Canyon West. We really enjoyed that course, beautiful holes, hills, greens were fast, beautiful houses all around.
We got stacked up waiting to tee off on the 4th hole. The foursome in front of us asked if we would like to to play with them. We were talking while still waiting to tee off. The tallest and most athletic of the group said he was from Kennedale and asked where we were from. Dad and I glanced at each other and I quietly and deliberately said Carthage.
He threw his head back and said “Oh man! Gosh. Y’all are just..just, man, it’s unfair. Y’all are just built different out there. Y’all had a running back, where’d he go? Those linebackers, dude.... Those receivers, y’all just too fast.”

This guy was about 6’2” and played WR for Kennedale and graduated from there in ‘05. This guy could kill the golf ball and looked like he still needed to be playing football somewhere. 

Aledo, have you ever played that course?