Garrisons new AD

Sneakyleaky

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Don’t remember anyone saying it was a terrible hire when he was hired..........

One bad year and people seem to forget Garrison went to the third round twice in a row (once in 3A) and lost to a really really good EF team the first year, and a really really good SA team in the first round in years 1 and 4.  Folks start to get short memories when you have one down year.

oh and won a district championship in year 3

41 minutes ago, Bulldog64 said:

One bad year and people seem to forget Garrison went to the third round twice in a row (once in 3A) and lost to a really really good EF team the first year, and a really really good SA team in the first round in years 1 and 4.  Folks start to get short memories when you have one down year.

oh and won a district championship in year 3

Yea, and we had the talent to have gone farther ... we were flat out coached in some of our losses ... not only in my opinion, but in the opinion of a lot of people  ...

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yea, and we had the talent to have gone farther ... we were flat out coached in some of our losses ... not only in my opinion, but in the opinion of a lot of people  ...

Yes, because a lot of people think it, it makes it true.

You should’ve seen some of the mistakes our players made against SA.  Quarterback fumbled like three snaps in a row and missed a pitch that would’ve gone for a touchdown.  And don’t kid yourself, that SA team was equally as talented as that Garrison team.  Ask Tenaha.  This is what I mean by unrealistic expectations.  
mom sure they coached the three pick 6s in the Gorman game too.  

Get over yourself with that out coached mess

• Like 1

Probably what gets a coach a bad rap is for a team to have really good skilled position kids and then it not result in wins. Games are won in the trenches and Dawgs had a terrible combination this year. They graduated studs upfront and their replacements got injured early. Other factors contribute to their losses as well. I know I would hate for my job security to depend on decisions teenage kid make these days.  It happens sometimes and I believe today's society overreacts negatively. But this is the instant microwave world we live in. One bad year doesn't deserve to be fired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Probably what gets a coach a bad rap is for a team to have really good skilled position kids and then it not result in wins. Games are won in the trenches and Dawgs had a terrible combination this year. They graduated studs upfront and their replacements got injured early. Other factors contribute to their losses as well. I know I would hate for my job security to depend on decisions teenage kid make these days.  It happens sometimes and I believe today's society overreacts negatively. But this is the instant microwave world we live in. One bad year doesn't deserve to be fired.

Finally somebody with some sense.  Hoping Joaquin will stick with your coaches for a while, seems like they’re good men and good coaches.

15 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If you think there weren't far more qualified candidates for the job, you don't know much about who applied.  The school board agenda is the reason they didn't hire any of the top candidates.  Yes, the school board needs to hire the best qualified person, not the hometown guy just because he applied.   I am from here too and I know he's from Garrison, you aren't telling me anything I don't know ... I grew up here too ... I understand him wanting to come to Garrison, but like you said, the expectations are high in Garrison.  Also, I have no problem with the spread offense, or any offense that you have the personnel to run successfully ... I think the OC didn't match his offense to the personnel he had ... and it looked like nobody was willing to change anything ... surprised Porter wasn't injured the way he was used ... they might as well have had the PA announcer call the plays because everybody knew the direct snap to Porter was coming, over and over and over   .... I also understand the injuries had a lot to do with the season as well ...

It's time to move on and start from scratch ....

What makes one coach more qualified than another. I remember about 10 years ago Waskom hired a soccer coach to be the AD / head football coach. There were a lot of coaches that applied that had better resumes but it didn’t make them anymore qualified.

6 minutes ago, Bulldog64 said:

Yes, because a lot of people think it, it makes it true.

You should’ve seen some of the mistakes our players made against SA.  Quarterback fumbled like three snaps in a row and missed a pitch that would’ve gone for a touchdown.  And don’t kid yourself, that SA team was equally as talented as that Garrison team.  Ask Tenaha.  This is what I mean by unrealistic expectations.  
mom sure they coached the three pick 6s in the Gorman game too.  

Get over yourself with that out coached mess

You can't  handle the truth ... lol

2 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

What makes one coach more qualified than another. I remember about 10 years ago Waskom hired a soccer coach to be the AD / head football coach. There were a lot of coaches that applied that had better resumes but it didn’t make them anymore qualified.

Results ....

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You can't  handle the truth ... lol

It’s easy to say that when you’re too disconnected to even know the truth lol.  Everyone on this site knows you don’t know what you’re talking about so just do us all a favor and quit posting, or learn something about football and watch more than just the ball, you might see what I’m talking about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

We did ...

And he produced three winning seasons, a district championship, and two round three appearances.  Just keep digging Kirt.  Pretty soon you’ll realize you don’t know what you’re taking about.  Unless you think our athletes were absolutely better than EF, Waskom, Newton, Crockett, Corrigan-Camden, and SA the past four years, then that’s an entirely argument, and you’d be wrong for a completely different reason.  
“results” is about as subjective as it gets with high school sports.

1 hour ago, Bulldog64 said:

It’s easy to say that when you’re too disconnected to even know the truth lol.  Everyone on this site knows you don’t know what you’re talking about so just do us all a favor and quit posting, or learn something about football and watch more than just the ball, you might see what I’m talking about.

Why don't you mind your own business if you don't like my comments?  You are entitled to your opinion as I am .... no matter how you try and carry the water for a bad situation ... if you knew half as much about football strategy as you think you do you would still be clueless .... so kiss off and whine to someone else ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Why don't you mind your own business if you don't like my comments?  You are entitled to your opinion as I am .... no matter how you try and carry the water for a bad situation ... if you knew half as much about football strategy as you think you do you would still be clueless .... so kiss off and whine to someone else ....

Bit angry there bud.

👍🏻 Have a good one Kirt, I’m just sticking up for the guy because it’s not his fault, and that’s not a matter of opinion, that’s all, and I will continue to do so.

1 hour ago, Bulldog64 said:

Bit angry there bud.
👍🏻 Have a good one Kirt, I’m just sticking up for the guy because it’s not his fault, and that’s not a matter of opinion, that’s all, and I will continue to do so,

Stick up for him all you want .... there are PLENTY people in and around Garrison who agree with me .... or rather, I agree with them .... either way as I have said before, it's time to move on .... looking forward to seasons to come backing the bulldogs ....

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Stick up for him all you want .... there are PLENTY people in and around Garrison who agree with me .... or rather, I agree with them .... either way as I have said before, it's time to move on .... looking forward to seasons to come backing the bulldogs ....

👍🏻

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, Greezychef said:

With fans like you coaches should beware of this job.  

A lot of problems internally, parents run the program, which destroys the entire program.  Coaches beware, those interested need to be firm on their salary and don’t take anything less than a three year contract.  Its going to take time to get that mess cleaned up.  

• Stinks 1

13 hours ago, sports2theCore said:

A lot of problems internally, parents run the program, which destroys the entire program.  Coaches beware, those interested need to be firm on their salary and don’t take anything less than a three year contract.  Its going to take time to get that mess cleaned up.  

What mess are you talking about? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sports2theCore said:

This statement is far from the truth! This is gonna be a pretty good job for someone.