Garrisons new AD

Sneakyleaky

1 hour ago, ScrappyDappyDoo said:

I heard a centex OC. 

interesting..glad they got out of the East Texas only mentality because there are great coaches all over this state. Any idea when this will be official ? 

If he’s the guy, that’s a pretty good hire imo.  Young guy that might stick around for a bit.

If he chooses to run a more traditional wing t like Ennis did with his dad, the transition in the offense will be fairly easy for the kids in the running game because all it entails basically is going under center rather than running a variation of the Wing T from the gun.  Still gonna see a lot of power, counter, buck sweep, and more power, just from under center.  Works with the kids they’ve got coming up in the ranks too, and makes it not too hard on the varsity squad this year, so as to not put them in a place where they need to learn something completely new and try and compete.  But if he sticks to what copperas cove did this year, it’ll be more out of the gun, but it didn’t look like they utilized the h back in the same way as Garrison did this past year, they had more of a traditional wing back, and used a little more pre-snap motion.

• Like 1

Brandon Alvarez, 33, has been named the new Athletic Director/head football coach at Garrison High School, the GISD Board voted Thursday. He comes from Class 6A Copperas Cove High School, where he served as offensive coordinator the past two seasons. I'll be posting a complete story on DailySentinel.com later tonight and it will be in Friday's print edition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilovefootball2 said:

The school board has voted the new Garrison A.D. and athletic director is Brandon Alvarez from coppers cove!! 

any way to confirm this ? no official announcement from garrison, or local newspapers as of yet. 

2 minutes ago, Ilovefootball2 said:

Brandon Alvarez, 33, has been named the new Athletic Director/head football coach at Garrison High School, the GISD Board voted Thursday. He comes from Class 6A Copperas Cove High School, where he served as offensive coordinator the past two seasons. I'll be posting a complete story on DailySentinel.com later tonight and it will be in Friday's print edition.

Answered my questions.. lol

1 hour ago, Ilovefootball2 said:

Hopefully Garrison will be glad DF passed on him a few years back.