🏆2019 3A-D2 state championship Gunter Tigers vs Paul Pewitt Brahmas🏆

BoyzNdaHood

🏆 Gunter vs Paul pewitt 3A-D2 state championship🏆  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who's 2019 3A-D2 state champs

• Gunter Tigers
    • Paul Pewitt Brahmas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 01:00 AM

56 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Going with Gunter !!  Love their defense

I agree. I don't think Pewitt will be able to move the ball very well. I think it will be close but Gunter won't give PP that pick six that they've needed to win the last two games. 

• Like 2

Pewitt 15-14. This game will be a great match-up. I have much respect for both team and both are winners to me. I think this game will be won in the trenches and that huge offensive line of Pewitt will wear the Tigers down mid-way of the 3rd quarter and win it in the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

I agree. I don't think Pewitt will be able to move the ball very well. I think it will be close but Gunter won't give PP that pick six that they've needed to win the last two games. 

You make a good point about the pick six, but PP convinced me last nite that they have a pretty stout defense. Case in point: East Bernard fumbled the ball on the half yard line. Now they  gotta get out of this hole their in; Can't do it. Gotta punt. Oh snap, horrible punt and penalty. East Bernard gets the ball back at  PP 15 yard line. Everyone who was watching or listening were  saying to themselves. PP  can't keep them out of the end zone.This is where the Brahmas earned their metel. Not only did they stop EB, they lost yardage. Not to slight the offense, but they did control the ball for the final minute + to seal the victory, and how about that eight minute drive for their final touchdown. That's when I decided the Brahmas had the team  to beat Gunter, but it is gonna be a dog fight by two pit bulls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimmyw said:

Pewitt 15-14. This game will be a great match-up. I have much respect for both team and both are winners to me. I think this game will be won in the trenches and that huge offensive line of Pewitt will wear the Tigers down mid-way of the 3rd quarter and win it in the 4th quarter.

They said that about Canadians o-line too

• Like 1

Picking my northern cousins in another nail biter.  Gunter is very disciplined on defense. They dont make mistakes. They play and stay in their positions well. Hard to block out.  It will be one of those 3 yrds per carry nights.  Going on 4th downs again.  Pewitts defense on the other hand have held great offenses in check in the playoffs.  26 - 21  Bulls.

I want to sit by NB. gonna be fun...

NB you've waited forever for this moment, enjoy it brother... Prewitt pitches a shutout... Lol, this will get it started... Wooooooooo..... https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.a8352950d4f5740ee56bcc2a8a3c0a98&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2figcgQmOYAPG6Y%2f200.gif&ehk=S%2bSBUCZWsOoe8%2fp%2fEw5%2bUxF3O2GFj%2b%2f2GsHs1iB2Rh8%3d

1 hour ago, wingtveer said:

They said that about Canadians o-line too

They might have said it about Canadian. I didn't and I am from Newton so I am one with only a region 3 bias. I really believe their offensive line will wear the Tigers down. Maybe not but I do remember 2 years ago how the Tigers had to many going both ways and just ran out of gas.

2 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

You make a good point about the pick six, but PP convinced me last nite that they have a pretty stout defense. Case in point: East Bernard fumbled the ball on the half yard line. Now they  gotta get out of this hole their in; Can't do it. Gotta punt. Oh snap, horrible punt and penalty. East Bernard gets the ball back at  PP 15 yard line. Everyone who was watching or listening were  saying to themselves. PP  can't keep them out of the end zone.This is where the Brahmas earned their metel. Not only did they stop EB, they lost yardage. Not to slight the offense, but they did control the ball for the final minute + to seal the victory, and how about that eight minute drive for their final touchdown. That's when I decided the Brahmas had the team  to beat Gunter, but it is gonna be a dog fight by two pit bulls.

I'll have more numbers on this later, but Gunter had a similarly impressive defensive performance against Canadian.  Down 17-13, Gunter fumbled on their own 8 yard line and the defense held Canadian to a three-and-out and only a field goal.  After Canadian scored on a 54 yard run with 3 minutes left in the first half to take a 17-3 lead - the only time Gunter has allowed a big play on the ground all season by the way - those three points off that turnover inside the 10 yard line were the only points Gunter allowed since that 3-minute mark of the 2nd quarter.  This against arguably the most potent offense in the state.  Gunter has very good reason to be proud of their defense as well.  Should be a good one.  I'll have numbers later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pax said:

I'll have more numbers on this later, but Gunter had a similarly impressive defensive performance against Canadian.  Down 17-13, Gunter fumbled on their own 8 yard line and the defense held Canadian to a three-and-out and only a field goal.  After Canadian scored on a 54 yard run with 3 minutes left in the first half to take a 17-3 lead - the only time Gunter has allowed a big play on the ground all season by the way - those three points off that turnover inside the 10 yard line were the only points Gunter allowed since that 3-minute mark of the 2nd quarter.  This against arguably the most potent offense in the state.  Gunter has very good reason to be proud of their defense as well.  Should be a good one.  I'll have numbers later.

Thanks for that analysis Pax. This is what stirs the passions in us football fans. Setting the stage for a nail biting anticipation of an end to a great high School football year. I must admit, Gunter is a far better team than I gave them credit for at the beginning of the year. I may be wrong, but I always had the feeling that the Tigers had a soft schedule. Obviously it doesn't matter cause they beat a very good football team. Full disclosure I have a bias here.

3 hours ago, jimmyw said:

They might have said it about Canadian. I didn't and I am from Newton so I am one with only a region 3 bias. I really believe their offensive line will wear the Tigers down. Maybe not but I do remember 2 years ago how the Tigers had to many going both ways and just ran out of gas.

Gunter has 5 going both ways.  How bout Pewitt ?