🏆2019 3A-D2 state championship Gunter Tigers vs Paul Pewitt Brahmas🏆

BoyzNdaHood

🏆 Gunter vs Paul pewitt 3A-D2 state championship🏆  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who's 2019 3A-D2 state champs

• Gunter Tigers
    • Paul Pewitt Brahmas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 01:00 AM

59 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

This is Gunter's fourth straight appearance in the state championship game. The Tigers' record over those four years is 60-3. Gunter coach Jake Fieszel has not had a losing season at Gunter in his 13 seasons there. Gunter's only loss is to Pottsboro, which is favored to win Thursday's 3A DI championship. With all this said it should be a great game. Go Brahmas!

Actually it’s Gunter’s third appearance in four years. It was our fourth straight semifinal appearance. I believe Friday’s  win against Canadian was Coach Fieszel’s 150th win at GHS. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2Punks said:

Actually it’s Gunter’s third appearance in four years. It was our fourth straight semifinal appearance. I believe Friday’s  win against Canadian was Coach Fieszel’s 150th win at GHS. 

Hoping for 151. Go Gunter!  Pewitt is an awesome team too. I’m hoping for a nail biter. Can’t wait til Thursday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brahmaball said:

I think if pewitt can have those 8 min drives like they did against eb they can win this one. Gunter is very good and very disciplined we have to bring our A game all 4 quarters. My prediction is 22-15 pewitt. 

Go Bulls let's bring this title home!!

JMHO, I dont think pewitt will have 8 minute drives against the tigers, they're to disciplined and well coached for that, coach fieszel will call timeouts at appropriate times and make adjustments, I think PP's best chance at scoring is to run and run then sale the run and pass out of it and try to catch the tigers off guard, sorta like the DF game.....  I've said it once b4 and I'll say it again congratulations on both squads for making it to the big dance, both well deserving to be here and good luck both squads, if lord willing I'll be in attendance, I've tried to meet @NATUREBOY98 2-3 times over the years and it hasn't happened guess I'll try some other smoaky faithful 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JETT said:

JMHO, I dont think pewitt will have 8 minute drives against the tigers, they're to disciplined and well coached for that, coach fieszel will call timeouts at appropriate times and make adjustments, I think PP's best chance at scoring is to run and run then sale the run and pass out of it and try to catch the tigers off guard, sorta like the DF game.....  I've said it once b4 and I'll say it again congratulations on both squads for making it to the big dance, both well deserving to be here and good luck both squads, if lord willing I'll be in attendance, I've tried to meet @NATUREBOY98 2-3 times over the years and it hasn't happened guess I'll try some other smoaky faithful 

hey jett, that's a great analysis.  hope gunter doesn't get lulled into stopping a run on 2nd and short only to have a play action pass sail overhead .. are you going to jerry world ? im not this year.  maybe we can hook up for a playoff gm next year my friend.. 

1 minute ago, wingtveer said:

hey jett, that's a great analysis.  hope gunter doesn't get lulled into stopping a run on 2nd and short only to have a play action pass sail overhead .. are you going to jerry world ? im not this year.  maybe we can hook up for a playoff gm next year my friend.. 

If lord willing I'll be in attendance, I'll take u up on that next year playoff game 

Just some tidbits for stat fans.

To say that Pewitt has some impressive running stats is an understatement.  Pewitt is averaging 428 yards per game on the ground.  East Bernard held them to 235 yards - which is the season low for Pewitt in a game.  There are teams that would kill to have a 235 yard rushing game, and this is the season low for Pewitt.  I do not have stats for all the games, but of the games I can find, East Bernard is holding teams that rush for 242 yards a game on average to just 122 yards per game, so East Bernard is holding teams to about 51% of their average.  East Bernard held Pewitt to about 55% of their average, so this is pretty typical of that East Bernard run defense.  Gunter is holding teams that average 196 yards per game to 70 yards per game, or about 36% of their average.  On paper, Gunter has been considerably better against the run than East Bernard has been, and East Bernard has been the best run defense Pewitt has seen all year, so it's possible they will have a tougher time than they've had all year running the ball.  Though, it is very hard to stop a team with five players over 800 yards including two 1,000-yard rushers and another over 2,000 yards.  I don't know that you can stop one of those guys and hope the others don't beat you - because they can.  Gunter is going to have to stop multiple threats - or slow all of them down....a lot.  It's a tall task, but I think Gunter is up to it.

Of Pewitt's 15 opponents, Pewitt has held 2 of them to their lowest scoring output of the season, and 6 of those opponents allowed the most points to Pewitt than any other opponent.  Overall, Pewitt opponents have played in 173 games and in 53 of those games, Pewitt opponents were held to fewer points than Pewitt held them to.  In only 24 games did a Pewitt opponent allow more points to a team than they did to Pewitt.

Of Gunter's 15 opponents, Gunter has held 9 of them to their lowest scoring output of the season and 5 allowed the most points to Gunter.  Gunter opponents have played in 189 games and in only 9 of those games did a Gunter opponent score fewer points than they did against Gunter.  In 25 games a Gunter opponents allowed more points than they did to Gunter.

To put all this another way, in only 4.8% of games did a Gunter opponent score fewer points than they did against Gunter and in 13.2% of those games did a Gunter opponent allow more points than they gave up to Gunter.  Pewitt opponents scored fewer points than they did against Pewitt in 30.6% of games and in 13.9% of games, Pewitt opponents allowed more points than they did against Pewitt.

For those that are not asleep from boredom, I found something very interesting if you only include the playoff opponents.  Gunter playoff opponents have played in 67 games, and in only 1 of these games has a Gunter opponents scored fewer points than what Gunter allowed.  Pewitt's playoff opponents have played in 65 games, and in only 1 of those games did a Pewitt opponent allow more points than what Pewitt scored on them.  Something's gotta give here.

21 minutes ago, Pax said:

Just some tidbits for stat fans.

To say that Pewitt has some impressive running stats is an understatement.  Pewitt is averaging 428 yards per game on the ground.  East Bernard held them to 235 yards - which is the season low for Pewitt in a game.  There are teams that would kill to have a 235 yard rushing game, and this is the season low for Pewitt.  I do not have stats for all the games, but of the games I can find, East Bernard is holding teams that rush for 242 yards a game on average to just 122 yards per game, so East Bernard is holding teams to about 51% of their average.  East Bernard held Pewitt to about 55% of their average, so this is pretty typical of that East Bernard run defense.  Gunter is holding teams that average 196 yards per game to 70 yards per game, or about 36% of their average.  On paper, Gunter has been considerably better against the run than East Bernard has been, and East Bernard has been the best run defense Pewitt has seen all year, so it's possible they will have a tougher time than they've had all year running the ball.  Though, it is very hard to stop a team with five players over 800 yards including two 1,000-yard rushers and another over 2,000 yards.  I don't know that you can stop one of those guys and hope the others don't beat you - because they can.  Gunter is going to have to stop multiple threats - or slow all of them down....a lot.  It's a tall task, but I think Gunter is up to it.

Of Pewitt's 15 opponents, Pewitt has held 2 of them to their lowest scoring output of the season, and 6 of those opponents allowed the most points to Pewitt than any other opponent.  Overall, Pewitt opponents have played in 173 games and in 53 of those games, Pewitt opponents were held to fewer points than Pewitt held them to.  In only 24 games did a Pewitt opponent allow more points to a team than they did to Pewitt.

Of Gunter's 15 opponents, Gunter has held 9 of them to their lowest scoring output of the season and 5 allowed the most points to Gunter.  Gunter opponents have played in 189 games and in only 9 of those games did a Gunter opponent score fewer points than they did against Gunter.  In 25 games a Gunter opponents allowed more points than they did to Gunter.

To put all this another way, in only 4.8% of games did a Gunter opponent score fewer points than they did against Gunter and in 13.2% of those games did a Gunter opponent allow more points than they gave up to Gunter.  Pewitt opponents scored fewer points than they did against Pewitt in 30.6% of games and in 13.9% of games, Pewitt opponents allowed more points than they did against Pewitt.

For those that are not asleep from boredom, I found something very interesting if you only include the playoff opponents.  Gunter playoff opponents have played in 67 games, and in only 1 of these games has a Gunter opponents scored fewer points than what Gunter allowed.  Pewitt's playoff opponents have played in 65 games, and in only 1 of those games did a Pewitt opponent allow more points than what Pewitt scored on them.  Something's gotta give here.

lots of anticipation for this one....  arguably the best defense in 3Ad2  vs the best rushing offense in 3AD2  IM PRAYING THAT I CAN GET fssw plus on my hulu

4 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

You've probably got an answer by now, but no. FSSW has the sole rights to these games, and I'm mad as H edouble el cause Dish is in never ending rate negotiations with the company that just bought FSSW from Disney,.

Yea I ended up finding it on my hulu live