🏆2019 3A-D2 state championship Gunter Tigers vs Paul Pewitt Brahmas🏆

BoyzNdaHood

🏆 Gunter vs Paul pewitt 3A-D2 state championship🏆  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who's 2019 3A-D2 state champs

• Gunter Tigers
    • Paul Pewitt Brahmas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 01:00 AM

54 minutes ago, blueflu said:

For 20 years it was 2 rounds, 3 rounds, 2 rounds.  The last 4 years have just been a blur.  I am just amazed.  We have such great kids.  Gunter Tigers.......State Champions.

I agree blu. They are something else. An awesome program. They are tough, relentless kids. They are fun to watch for sure. Gonna be a long wait til next season 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the complimentary remarks about Gunter's performance last night.  We are very proud.  This team has flown under the radar for much of the year as they developed into a championship team after returning only 4 on each side of the ball.  Great season for Pewitt as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Thanks for all the complimentary remarks about Gunter's performance last night.  We are very proud.  This team has flown under the radar for much of the year as they developed into a championship team after returning only 4 on each side of the ball.  Great season for Pewitt as well.

Gunter deserve the recognition and winning the State Championship.... Congrats to Gunter, they played with heart and fire..... Paul Pewitt okay Cinderella run to State came to a end yesterday, PP has to correct small mistakes next year if expect to compete with elite teams like Gunter. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

On December 20, 2019 at 1:17 PM, GTAlumnus said:

What most impressed me about Gunter was their overall team speed.   Individually not blazing fast, but always a bunch where the ball was.  And that cockeyed offense was a well oiled machine.   Being older than dirt, I love to see a good running oriented attack, and Gunter was just that.   Congrats to all involved with. Gunter football.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Congratulations Gunter. It wasn’t even a fight. Completely dominated us on both sides of the ball. I’m proud of my Brahmas. Picked 4th in district and made it to Jerry’s world. 

Gunter's speed/quickness was what impressed me the most.

Welcome back to Smoaky  NB98...………...I hope you make all of 2020.

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Didn’t matter we had a huge line. They were by them so fast they couldn’t lean on them. Can’t say white boys aren’t fast anymore. I bet they have a great track season as well. 

Not sure about the 100 and 200 meter speed for track, they may be that fast...………….But I am with you, I am betting the hurdles, 400 and 800 individual, and the 800 relay (4 fast enough) and the 1600 relay will be events that Gunter is good in the spring.

25 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Not sure about the 100 and 200 meter speed for track, they may be that fast...………….But I am with you, I am betting the hurdles, 400 and 800 individual, and the 800 relay (4 fast enough) and the 1600 relay will be events that Gunter is good in the spring.

Just speaking off last spring, Gunter had zero points at state meet.