La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

This is the game everyone been waiting for. I believe carthage would have given Vega a better game last year after that upset. This is probably the toughest game for Carthage. I picked Vega to repeat so I am sticking with it. I wouldn't count out Surratt. First time I picked againat the Dawgs so I am not confident.

6 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m for executing at a high level.  It’s been a while since we have on offense.

For real!  Saw a glimpse of opened up playbook last night with that one play where qb passed to rb who then tried to pass back to the qb,  on 4th down....incomplete pass, turnover on downs.  Yes,  just line up and dance with what brung ya, and please look like you've done it before lol.

• LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

For real!  Saw a glimpse of opened up playbook last night with that one play where qb passed to rb who then tried to pass back to the qb,  on 4th down....incomplete pass, turnover on downs.  Yes,  just line up and dance with what brung ya, and please look like you've done it before lol.

That play was the same play that the Dawgs have used multiple times during the Surratt era....the '08 title game and the PG game this year are times that It's worked. Last night it failed for a couple of reasons but i bet Surratt will not hesitate to use it again if he feels that the time is right for it or any other "special" plays 

• Like 1

4A Division 1 is a two horse ran!!! And it's been that way for the last 5 seasons!
Dawg Dynasty 👀🏆#7!!!

2019 4A D1 State champion??
2018 4A D1 State champion La Vega
2017 4A D1 State champion Carthage 
2016 4A D1 State champion Carthage 
2015 4A D1 State champion La Vega

• Like 2

Conundrum... That's the word I'm using for this matchup, Vega prolly has the most overall talent between these two but is prone to undisciplined play yet Carthage has made a living off other teams mistakes forever.. Gonna hafta take coach and the Dawgs one more time.. Js.. In the end, I think Preston wins this one, and to do it justice, that's what he's paid to do.. ✌️#defense 

• Like 2

It should be a hard fought game, but I feel like Surratt and staff will be the difference in this game. LaVega and Carthage both have stout defenses, it will come down to which offense executes and makes the least amount of mistakes. I like our chances to win #7, Go Dawgs!!

• Like 1