La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

2 hours ago, bossman1 said:

That play was the same play that the Dawgs have used multiple times during the Surratt era....the '08 title game and the PG game this year are times that It's worked. Last night it failed for a couple of reasons but i bet Surratt will not hesitate to use it again if he feels that the time is right for it or any other "special" plays 

I get what you're saying I really do I just think we should focus on getting the basic stuff right first before worrying about "special" plays, that's all.  But heck, our offense has been a little off recently,  and yet we still scored 49 points so....

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

I get what you're saying I really do I just think we should focus on getting the basic stuff right first before worrying about "special" plays, that's all.  But heck, our offense has been a little off recently,  and yet we still scored 49 points so....

Our offense scored 35 points and the Lampasas offense scored 35 points. 

6 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

La Vega is the favorite, but Carthage is hard to beat. 

No doubt they are big fast and super athletic but they have discipline problems. Shoot themselves in the foot WAY too much.

If #10 is able to play they are crazy good on the defensive side of the ball. I see Surratt getting into his bag of tricks for this one.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No doubt they are big fast and super athletic but they have discipline problems. Shoot themselves in the foot WAY too much.

If #10 is able to play they are crazy good on the defensive side of the ball. I see Surratt getting into his bag of tricks for this one.

This going to be a knockdown drag out!!!

Battle!

Here come the Battlin’ Bulldogs!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Special/trick plays are exciting to the players. They help with the energy level at practice.  And thus, even though they take a little practice time away from the regular offense, they actually help with the focus on those plays. 

28 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No. LV is freaking LOADED! Go watch some film on them.

I really don’t think LV is that loaded.  *they kicked the #### out of argyle.  

All Springtown had to do was stop 2 plays and they held them to two TDs one being a n 86 yard run.

i don’t think Carthage is world beaters either but I would bet good money that Carthage wins by 2 tds.  This isn’t the 2017 Carthage team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Eaglesone said:

I really don’t think LV is that loaded.  *they kicked the #### out of argyle.  

All Springtown had to do was stop 2 plays and they held them to two TDs one being a n 86 yard run.

i don’t think Carthage is world beaters either but I would bet good money that Carthage wins by 2 tds.  This isn’t the 2017 Carthage team.

We will have to agree to disagree. They aren't called "Little North Shore" for nothing. They better clean their game up though.

• Stinks 1

Thought I would pass on a little info that I researched...………………….Tickets online are supposedly  $18.73 each, no matter how many you buy...……….Tickets at the stadium are $15...………...…..According to the UIL website - Parking is $20 if you use credit card  or  $25 if you pay with cash

10 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. They aren't called "Little North Shore" for nothing. They better clean their game up though.

Fair enough. I will say I have watched all of their district and playoff games and they looked unbeatable against Argyle and Argyle alone.  

The flu was the excuse against Melissa but what happened last night?  Sorry but springtown isn’t known for a great defense and they only gave up two td’s to them?

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

When I made the statement about getting deep in his playbook, I was talking about plays, sets and formations that he has already used. Some of which worked and were filed away and never used again this season. I have a feeling we'll see some of those plays. Remember Surratt will run the same play out of 5 or 6 different looks just to cause confusion. I think #28 will be more involved this week and could be the difference 

• Like 1