La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I seem to remember reading where people said the Argyle vs La Vega game was the “real” state championship game. I wonder if people still feel like that? I would love to see Lampasas vs Argyle. I have a feeling that would be a heck of a game. 

I’d take Lampasas because they actually have a pretty good defense.

1 minute ago, ProdigyMaker said:

Carthage needs to give more carries to the back that closed the PG game. Not sure of his number? 28 maybe? He isn't the regular starter. 

Either way this should be one of the better games of championship week. 

#34 was the back that closed the PG game.  He has been getting carries in the 2nd half up to this week.  #28 played on JV all year and was called up for the playoffs.  He has scored 2 TD’s in the playoffs.  Both these backs are a nice compliment to #2.  Very different styles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

#34 was the back that closed the PG game.  He has been getting carries in the 2nd half up to this week.  #28 played on JV all year and was called up for the playoffs.  He has scored 2 TD’s in the playoffs.  Both these backs are a nice compliment to #2.  Very different styles.

This is good news. I went to the PG game and a few others. IMHO the Carthage O needed a bit more of a  change of pace at running back. The kid in the PG game looked good.

We will be at AT&T pulling for the Dawgs. Good luck! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ProdigyMaker said:

This is good news. I went to the PG game and a few others. IMHO the Carthage O needed a bit more of a  change of pace at running back. The kid in the PG game looked good.

We will be at AT&T pulling for the Dawgs. Good luck! 

#2 is a PG style running back.  Very tough to bring down and normally falls forward when tackled.  A true north & south runner that won’t shy away from contact.  Also good in pass protection. #34 has an extra gear and looks incredibly fast on carries in the 2nd half with fresh legs.  Also not afraid of contact.  #28 racked up around 1,500 yards on the JV this year in 10 games.  He is a home run threat if he gets the corner, as we saw last night in the Lampasas game.  He will likely have more touches next Fri.  Remarkably all three are Juniors and will be back next year.  Thanks for your support!  Hoping all the East TX teams can get it done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

#2 is a PG style running back.  Very tough to bring down and normally falls forward when tackled.  A true north & south runner that won’t shy away from contact.  Also good in pass protection. #34 has an extra gear and looks incredibly fast on carries in the 2nd half with fresh legs.  Also not afraid of contact.  #28 racked up around 1,500 yards on the JV this year in 10 games.  He is a home run threat if he gets the corner, as we saw last night in the Lampasas game.  He will likely have more touches next Fri.  Remarkably all three are Juniors and will be back next year.  Thanks for your support!  Hoping all the East TX teams can get it done.

#34 lists himself as a senior on recruiting websites. 

Anticipate this game being the Star of the SC games.  Either team winning by more than a TD will surprise me.  I’m going with Carthage because, as one poster aptly said, Carthage gonna Carthage.  What little I follow them, I’ve come to believe Surratt and his Staff are masters at halftime adjustments.  I can only imagine how excited followers of both teams must be now.  What a great Christmas Present.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

On 12/14/2019 at 12:39 PM, cotton84 said:

Thought I would pass on a little info that I researched...………………….Tickets online are supposedly  $18.73 each, no matter how many you buy...……….Tickets at the stadium are $15...………...…..According to the UIL website - Parking is $20 if you use credit card  or  $25 if you pay with cash

Looks like parking has gone up by $5 ...

I will be there Thursday,  Friday and Saturday  ... going to see a lot of good football  ....

La Vega is La Vega's worst enemy.......end of story.  If they can get up on the opponent, then they tend to play more to their individual and team potentials.  When they are faced with some adversity on the field, then it seems they lose their team chemistry and suddenly all kinds of penalties start happening(lack of discipline).  They are more of a Jekyl-Hyde type team than most think.......it's just that they are a very good Jekyl-Hyde team that can still win when they aren't playing as a team, but only as individuals.  This is my personal analysis of LV  this season as a team......and that explains some of their wins, and some of their wins......LOL.  No pun intended, but their coach is even named Hyde......Don Hyde.......coincidence or not???  Another LOL.  Truth is stranger than fiction.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:15 PM, ctown81 said:

Who's the home team? Not trying to hear God Bless America 

Carthage is Home.

I will stand PROUDLY for the Carthage arrangement...as my two daughters (one a senior..SO HER LAST TIME)...play their extended version of the anthem.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ProfDMC said:

Carthage is Home.

I will stand PROUDLY for the Carthage arrangement...as my two daughters (one a senior..SO HER LAST TIME)...play their extended version of the anthem.

So now we got to wait an extra 10 minutes before we get to the game of the century.