La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

These are the two best teams in 4A-D1 this year and the state championship game should be a huge battle. I don’t think either side can throw too many stones at the other in the lead up to this game. LV can say we only scored 24 against MH, but we did have several drives stall well inside the red zone throughout the game combined with our defense had completely stuffed MH all night. In the second half it looked like we’d taken our foot off the gas.

LV not capitalizing on 6 turnovers against Springtown could possibly be looked at in the same manner. LV was up comfortably and may not have been pressing for additional scores. 

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

I don't think we have to worry about which LV team will show up for this one........all hands will be on deck, for sure.  They may have faltered a little in last week's game, but probably for several reasons.......whether justified or not.  I'd like to see both teams play their best football of the season this week and show everybody the kind of quality teams we have at the 4A level.  Besides.......it makes for great excitement and drama in the stadium and on the telecast for everybody watching.  I don't have a favorite in this game.......both teams have an equal chance to play to their full potential and an equal chance to make mistakes that cost them.  In other words.......looks like a Pick-Em game to me if ever there was one.  

8 hours ago, coachkells said:

That same MH defense that held Carthage to 24. Gave up 54 against LV could of been more put the subs played most of the second half.  

You played mh at the begining of the season you know kinda like how y'all got 49 hung on y'all by argyle early too but teams improve over 10+ weeks 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, covercity said:

from what I seen when carthage played Lampasas yes

Lampasas would have had no issues against S-town D.  I saw nothing in the LV game that would lead me to believe the Porc’s had anyone who could run with the Badgers #1 and #5.  And Lamp’s offense was more dynamic than Argyle’s IMO because Whitehead was actually a threat to run, unlike Bo.  I still can’t for the life of me understand Coach Roger’s game planning vs LV.  Argyle’s poor execution made LV look like world beaters.  They are good, but not that good.

8 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Some can claim lampasas exposed Carthage d as not being very good and that may be true against a air raid offense that throws it 80% of the time but that's not la Vegas style and will not be there strength is there run  not one single team this year has exposed Carthage doing that 

And when they don’t have enough success on the ground it will be on Kinne’s shoulders to get it done through the air.  Could be like Abilene Wylie in 2016?  How did that work out?  4 picks.

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

And when they don’t have enough success on the ground it will be on Kinne’s shoulders to get it done through the air.  Could be like Abilene Wylie in 2016?  How did that work out?  4 picks.

Has carthage faced a running threat like that. PG maybe Henderson? Not really a great gauge either. 

Guys we have seen a lot of football over the last 13 years with Surratt. Lampasas offense was one of the better offenses Carthage has faced IMO. I mean over the last 13 years. There are some better ones, and Carthage has had better. But they were very good. That QB and WR group was special. I don’t see how Argyle or anybody else’s offense was better than Lampasas this year. If they were better I have to think they would still be playing. People can make it out like Carthage got exposed, but I think the Carthage D scoring 14 points was the difference. I was just happy to get out of their with a win. Those boys were playing ball. I think that win makes Carthage stronger. Not exposes them. But this is all just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Has carthage faced a running threat like that. PG maybe Henderson? Not really a great gauge either. 

People said Carthage hadn’t faced an elite passing team until they played Lampasas. Now we haven’t faced a running threat? I guess Carthage really hasn’t played anybody this year. I imagine after Carthage is 16-0 this year, people are still going to try to figure out how to make Carthage not very good.