La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Surratt takes his "decent" teams 4 or 5 rounds deep. This team is far from decent. Surratt + talent = bet the farm. I quit betting against Surratt years ago lol 

I havent and wont bet against him 

3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Why should anyone leave the city of Carthage? My gosh! But, if your happy in "nowhere" it's a great place to be. Them athletes from Kicapoo and Keatchie are not that bad huh? Yellow dogs are constant in them areas.

Jealous because Hendo can’t play on the Big Stage?😂

6 hours ago, covercity said:

I did pick La Vega to win but Carthage showed me that I was wrong about their defense , Lampasas must of been the real number 2 team, great season for them both, now to watch Wim and Grove get it on.

Matchups are different team to team...……...LaVega "may" have been able to keep up with Lampasas' offensive speed/quickness and keep them under 30 points.

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Why should anyone leave the city of Carthage? My gosh! But, if your happy in "nowhere" it's a great place to be. Them athletes from Kicapoo and Keatchie are not that bad huh? Yellow dogs are constant in them areas.

Nowhere? Man what you talkin about? With all that bling it's gonna be a tourist attraction soon!  And we got the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame there too!  Tru storie...

4 hours ago, Matt said:

So Lampasas should be the 2nd ranked 4A team behind Carthage and 3rd is PG since L gave Carthage their biggest test, no? Just saying... 

I can agree with this but to me it’s also really hard to tell how PG would’ve or could’ve stacked up with both Carthage and Lampasas late in the playoffs. Especially given the combination of injuries and how inconsistent PG was. If they rematched Carthage and showed up and played like they did with Gilmer, while I still think the Dawgs would come out on top with confidence, it would be a hell of a game just like the first one, now if PG played Carthage or Lampasas with the performance they had to tonight.... Probably would’ve been pretty ugly. 

But in the end rankings are based off the actual performance and not what could’ve been done.

Edit: on a related note, looking at D2, what are Carthage, PG, and Gilmer bringing back in terms of players next year and who are they graduating?

51 minutes ago, mTex said:

I can agree with this but to me it’s also really hard to tell how PG would’ve or could’ve stacked up with both Carthage and Lampasas late in the playoffs. Especially given the combination of injuries and how inconsistent PG was. If they rematched Carthage and showed up and played like they did with Gilmer, while I still think the Dawgs would come out on top with confidence, it would be a hell of a game just like the first one, now if PG played Carthage or Lampasas with the performance they had to tonight.... Probably would’ve been pretty ugly. 

But in the end rankings are based off the actual performance and not what could’ve been done.

Edit: on a related note, looking at D2, what are Carthage, PG, and Gilmer bringing back in terms of players next year and who are they graduating?

Pleasant Grove has to break in new quarterback, but it should be state contender again with Landon Jackson, Marcus Burris, Nick Martin, Torey Phillips all back on defense. They should be solid in o-line, too, and have very good backs.