La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

4 hours ago, mTex said:

I can agree with this but to me it’s also really hard to tell how PG would’ve or could’ve stacked up with both Carthage and Lampasas late in the playoffs. Especially given the combination of injuries and how inconsistent PG was. If they rematched Carthage and showed up and played like they did with Gilmer, while I still think the Dawgs would come out on top with confidence, it would be a hell of a game just like the first one, now if PG played Carthage or Lampasas with the performance they had to tonight.... Probably would’ve been pretty ugly. 

But in the end rankings are based off the actual performance and not what could’ve been done.

Edit: on a related note, looking at D2, what are Carthage, PG, and Gilmer bringing back in terms of players next year and who are they graduating?

Carthage offense brings back the 2 best run blockers, TE, QB, RB, WR and part-time starting receiver........Defense from state game brings back DT only - but a safety returns with 25+ starts and a LB who would have started if healthy. 
JV undefeated as was the 9th grade. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage offense brings back the 2 best run blockers, TE, QB, RB, WR and part-time starting receiver........Defense from state game brings back DT only - but a safety returns with 25+ starts and a LB who would have started if healthy. 
JV undefeated as was the 9th grade. 

We’re losing 32 seniors, we’ll see how well we handle so much lost experience.

Both 2 and 3 did what they had to do to win the game.  Neither show boated.  One would have probably voted for the other.  Don’t forget the QB who was a part of every play.  The O line allowed it all to work.  Team sport for sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We like to pound our chest when we're right.   I was so wrong on this game.  I was fairly confident it would be close.  Oh me of little faith.  Carthage was easily the better team.  They're like a great surgeon removing unhealthy parts during surgery.  Can't get to it from the right, go in from the left.   They have so many ways to beat you, you're bound to like one of them.  Congrats to the young men, Coaches, and a great organization.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

We like to pound our chest when we're right.   I was so wrong on this game.  I was fairly confident it would be close.  Oh me of little faith.  Carthage was easily the better team.  They're like a great surgeon removing unhealthy parts during surgery.  Can't get to it from the right, go in from the left.   They have so many ways to beat you, you're bound to like one of them.  Congrats to the young men, Coaches, and a great organization.    

👏😂 @ the “bound to like one of them “ comment...

We are very fortunate to enjoy the successes over the last 12-13 years that “Team Surratt/Preston”( Preston  doesn’t get enough praise here on SDC) have built a DYNASTY right here in “little ol’ Panola County, Texas! We get to see some of the very best high school football games on the planet!

• Like 2

Just got back from watching the games. We watched nearly all of them and I thought Carthage was the most exciting and fun team to watch. Just the way they play is phenomenal! 

Grandview was exciting as well. The passing game makes football so much more fun! 

Pleasant Grove is a really good team but I wish they would pass more. . We did have a lot of fun though when the kid named Bruce got loose! BRUUUUUUUUUCE! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gen7bloodline said:

Just got back from watching the games. We watched nearly all of them and I thought Carthage was the most exciting and fun team to watch. Just the way they play is phenomenal! 

Grandview was exciting as well. The passing game makes football so much more fun! 

Pleasant Grove is a really good team but I wish they would pass more. . We did have a lot of fun though when the kid named Bruce got loose! BRUUUUUUUUUCE! 😂

They call him DEUCE because he's No. 2. Ben Harmon was real sick in the game and not 100 percent