La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

3 hours ago, TCU44 said:

2008 was Celina. Dwight Smith was an absolute Beast! Whatever happened to that guy?

As I recall,  he got a scholarship to tcu,  hurt his knee in spring practice,  then got into a fight with a teammate over a girl,  and they were both kicked off the team.  Last I heard was several years ago he wound up at some school in arkansas.  Not sure after that.  Tough pill to swallow.  If there ever was a guy who could've gone straight from high school graduation stage and onto an nfl roster, it was him.  He was a true beast, with speed to kill,  vision and strength.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

With all due respect he does have the right numbers. 

He does.  No disrespect to Surratt at all he is a great coach.  But all I heard going into the week before the LV game with Argyle was how great Rodgers is and how that coaching advantage made the Eagles so much better.  Rodgers has the numbers too, one of the best winning percentages in the last 10 years.   In my opinion Hyde out coached Rodgers in that game. All I'm saying is that people underestimate Hyde's coaching abilities.   

12 hours ago, coachkells said:

This may be the slowest Carthage State Championship thread ever.  

It would help if you weren't all by your lonesome as the one la vega fan on here. Get some of your pals to join!  I would say it looks like this may be an annual battle for a long time to come but they're dropping us down to D2 so we may not play la vega again for quite some time.

9 minutes ago, coachkells said:

He does.  No disrespect to Surratt at all he is a great coach.  But all I heard going into the week before the LV game with Argyle was how great Rodgers is and how that coaching advantage made the Eagles so much better.  Rodgers has the numbers too, one of the best winning percentages in the last 10 years.   In my opinion Hyde out coached Rodgers in that game. All I'm saying is that people underestimate Hyde's coaching abilities.   

Can’t help but ask; but does he have a Dr. Jekyll side?😱😂

12 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Agree I believe you guys have a great chance but so Carthage. Dawgnation really has been spoiled and hasn't really been challenged in the State Championship. I fully understand the confidence.

1 minute ago, Champ1000 said:

Agree I believe you guys have a great chance but so Carthage. Dawgnation really has been spoiled and hasn't really been challenged in the State Championship. I fully understand the confidence.

ST turned it over 6 times & only lost by 13.... I’d be worried instead of confident!🤨

33 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Nobody underestimates Coach Hyde. And nobody with any football knowledge thought Argyle had an advantage in coaching over LV. Especially most Carthage fans. I think most on here give Hyde all the credit. LV didn’t turn into what they are until 2015 when Hyde came back as DC. That’s a fact. 

But you are not going to get far on an East Texas website comparing Hyde or Rodgers to Surratt. I personally think Coach Rodgers is a hell of an administrator. An elite football coach is up for debate.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

As I recall,  he got a scholarship to tcu,  hurt his knee in spring practice,  then got into a fight with a teammate over a girl,  and they were both kicked off the team.  Last I heard was several years ago he wound up at some school in arkansas.  Not sure after that.  Tough pill to swallow.  If there ever was a guy who could've gone straight from high school graduation stage and onto an nfl roster, it was him.  He was a true beast, with speed to kill,  vision and strength.

All true statements 

3 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

He was Gifted..🤨👌😋👏 Reminded me of Emmitt Smith every time he carried the ball.

Except more powerful and a faster top end speed. Dude was unreal. I was at the TCU spring game when he tore up his knee. We went and talked to him on the field after the game. I swear he was only 5’-10” tall, but every bit of 230 pounds and just stout. Massive thighs and calves. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I can't imagine being in his way when he was running the ball.  Talk about feeling like you were run over by a truck!  Assuming you were still conscious afterwards.

My exact thoughts! You would have to think Twice before stepping into the path of THAT truck!😱😬