The Smoakhouse Forums

La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

15 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Congrats on the well earned win. Probably the most complete Carthage team I have seen. 2008 and 2017 were better but I was suprised by the dominant performance. 

Thanks, it was definitely a well executed game! We knew we had to contain LaVega's speed, nobody can stop it completely.

• Stinks 1
  • Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We like to pound our chest when we're right.   I was so wrong on this game.  I was fairly confident it would be close.  Oh me of little faith.  Carthage was easily the better team.  They're like a gre

No. LV is freaking LOADED! Go watch some film on them.

Sportsfanatic1(DTrump), you're obsession with him is overwhelming. Get a life loser! I'm your huckleberry!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Yeah. Why should he ever leave. 

Why should anyone leave the city of Carthage? My gosh! But, if your happy in "nowhere" it's a great place to be. Them athletes from Kicapoo and Keatchie are not that bad huh? Yellow dogs are constant in them areas.

• Stinks 2
3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Why should anyone leave the city of Carthage? My gosh! But, if your happy in "nowhere" it's a great place to be. Them athletes from Kicapoo and Keatchie are not that bad huh? Yellow dogs are constant in them areas.

Jealous because Hendo can’t play on the Big Stage?😂

1 minute ago, Matt said:

So Lampasas should be the 2nd ranked 4A team behind Carthage and 3rd is PG since L gave Carthage their biggest test, no? Just saying... 

Sportswriters in 2020 will pick Argyle as the team to win it all, same as Every year...😜

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Matt said:

So Lampasas should be the 2nd ranked 4A team behind Carthage and 3rd is PG since L gave Carthage their biggest test, no? Just saying... 

Agree, 100%.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, covercity said:

I did pick La Vega to win but Carthage showed me that I was wrong about their defense , Lampasas must of been the real number 2 team, great season for them both, now to watch Wim and Grove get it on.

Matchups are different team to team...……...LaVega "may" have been able to keep up with Lampasas' offensive speed/quickness and keep them under 30 points.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Got to meet and shake CarthDawg77's hand ... good game and a great time in Jerruh World  ...

The pleasure was all mine, Sir!👌😜

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Nowhere? Man what you talkin about? With all that bling it's gonna be a tourist attraction soon!  And we got the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame there too!  Tru storie...

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I can agree with this but to me it’s also really hard to tell how PG would’ve or could’ve stacked up with both Carthage and Lampasas late in the playoffs. Especially given the combination of injuries and how inconsistent PG was. If they rematched Carthage and showed up and played like they did with Gilmer, while I still think the Dawgs would come out on top with confidence, it would be a hell of a game just like the first one, now if PG played Carthage or Lampasas with the performance they had to tonight.... Probably would’ve been pretty ugly. 

But in the end rankings are based off the actual performance and not what could’ve been done.

Edit: on a related note, looking at D2, what are Carthage, PG, and Gilmer bringing back in terms of players next year and who are they graduating?