La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, Eaglesone said:

Fair enough. I will say I have watched all of their district and playoff games and they looked unbeatable against Argyle and Argyle alone.  

The flu was the excuse against Melissa but what happened last night?  Sorry but springtown isn’t known for a great defense and they only gave up two td’s to them?

Heck man I counted 5 td's called back because of "say" block in the back 40 yards behind the play. Plus #10 went out. There's no doubt you have some sour grapes.

I look at the games themselves without any bias. With #10 in there their defense is crazy good at the 4A level.

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Heck man I counted 5 td's called back because of "say" block in the back 40 yards behind the play. Plus #10 went out. There's no doubt you have some sour grapes.

I look at the games themselves without any bias. With #10 in there their defense is crazy good at the 4A level.

Fair point! I have boosted that team as I  really thought they were a class act.  After our last game against them I know they are thugs!  Sour grapes is accurate though!!

7 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Fair point! I have boosted that team as I  really thought they were a class act.  After our last game against them I know they are thugs!  Sour grapes is accurate though!!

Wasn't Argyle a few years back thugs against Carthage? I seen Carthage throw some punches last night. Doesn't mean they are thugs. Just in the moment.

• Confused 1
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

I really don’t think LV is that loaded.  *they kicked the #### out of argyle.  

All Springtown had to do was stop 2 plays and they held them to two TDs one being a n 86 yard run.

i don’t think Carthage is world beaters either but I would bet good money that Carthage wins by 2 tds.  This isn’t the 2017 Carthage team.

I don’t think anybody has ever claimed this was 2017 Carthage.

9 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Wasn't Argyle a few years back thugs against Carthage? I seen Carthage throw some punches last night. Doesn't mean they are thugs. Just in the moment.

Probably so.  I have only been in Argyle since 12' so i haven't seen them play. 

There are several things about LV that makes me say that about them and i wouldn't have 3 weeks ago..  One is their fat tackle punching my son on the ground after every play (i have on video) If it was me he would be having surgery this week for a torn acl but my son is better than me .  Second is their hiring practices for coaches (i am not going to explain this) but it is funny that a coach that got fired  mid season is on their staff and his son is QB.  Third is their lack of care about playing kids that are in trouble with the law.  

Anyway sour grapes are right!

Just now, Eaglesone said:

Probably so.  I have only been in Argyle since 12' so i haven't seen them play. 

There are several things about LV that makes me say that about them and i wouldn't have 3 weeks ago..  One is their fat tackle punching my son on the ground after every play (i have on video) If it was me he would be having surgery this week for a torn acl but my son is better than me .  Second is their hiring practices for coaches (i am not going to explain this) but it is funny that a coach that got fired  mid season is on their staff and his son is QB.  Third is their lack of care about playing kids that are in trouble with the law.  

Anyway sour grapes are right!

I understand. No doubt sour grapes.

Be proud of what they have built in ALL sports. Tons of people jealous including me. Pound for pound the best program in the state.

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You keep telling us this. You are correct this is not the 2017 Dawgs, but they only need one more win to get another championship.

And with that win,  if they're fortunate enough to get it,  will give them an identical 16-0 record.  That's plenty good enough for me.

Carthage by just enough! Calpreps has it 27-26 Carthage for what that’s worth. Not sure what to expect. A 49-48 barn burner. A 21-20 defensive battle. I really have no idea. Just hope for a great game, and a Carthage victory. I do think La Vega is the favorite. I think they have played to better schedule. But Carthage gonna Carthage. Only thing that will surprise me is if this is not a great game.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage by just enough! Calpreps has it 27-26 Carthage for what that’s worth. Not sure what to expect. A 49-48 barn burner. A 21-20 defensive battle. I really have no idea. Just hope for a great game, and a Carthage victory. I do think La Vega is the favorite. I think they have played to better schedule. But Carthage gonna Carthage. Only thing that will surprise me is if this is not a great game.

Kinda suprised at that. I figured carthage was the underdog or underdawg lol.

• Stinks 1