La Vega vs Carthage 2019 4A D1 Championship

DAWG91

State Championship  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• La Vega Pirates
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 05:00 PM

both these teams have worked hard and taken care of business to get to this point.  they both deserve respect.  my opinion is the most talented player on the field will wear red.  i'm anxious to see what roll he plays in this contest.  on another note, don't know anything about springtown but i thought lampassas had surprising speed.   

3 hours ago, coachkells said:

So do you think Surratt will stack the box and make La Vega throw the ball.  Let me think of the last team to try that against La Vega, Oh wait that has been every team for the past 5 years.  

I don’t think Carthage has to stack box in this one. 

39 minutes ago, house said:

both these teams have worked hard and taken care of business to get to this point.  they both deserve respect.  my opinion is the most talented player on the field will wear red.  i'm anxious to see what roll he plays in this contest.  on another note, don't know anything about springtown but i thought lampassas had surprising speed.   

Yes.  #1 & #5 were much faster than I expected.

5 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

People said Carthage hadn’t faced an elite passing team until they played Lampasas. Now we haven’t faced a running threat? I guess Carthage really hasn’t played anybody this year. I imagine after Carthage is 16-0 this year, people are still going to try to figure out how to make Carthage not very good. 

Mist be all those 6 man programs we schedule in non district.

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

That would be foolish if they did that. 

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Would it shock me if Carthage runs a 4-3 defense the whole game(like they have the last several years against the style of offense LV has)……..no

Would it shock me if Carthage runs a 5-2 or even a 5-3 defense, with a 330 lb or 350 lb noseguard for part of the game...….no

Cotton think that its a possibility.. 

5 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Carthage has been a very easy route to the title no denying that. The Dawgs however have past the test. Vega is extremly good so carthage will definitely earn this state Championship.

Champ 1000 has convinced me he is THE Lion.

Lampasas was the best passing offense I have seen all year in person or on video and their defense was pretty good.

Their QB reminded me of Morgan in 2010, deadly with the pass.

Lampasas was the third best team in 4A and could play with the Dawgs or Le Vega. 

Just my opinion. 

• Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Lampasas was the best passing offense I have seen all year in person or on video and their defense was pretty good.

Their QB reminded me of Morgan in 2010, deadly with the pass.

Lampasas was the third best team in 4A and could play with the Dawgs or Le Vega. 

Just my opinion. 

Think what you want. This game will be tough for both teams. Carthage is most definitely the Pinnacle of success. No doubt in my my mind that carthage can't win ten championships. They will beat the all time record for championships as long as Surratt is at the helm. 

• Stinks 1

28 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Not so sure about that,  unless he's been taking english classes since being banned.  The real lion wasn't as well spoken.  There are some similarities, however,  just not sold on it.