Cross Roads & Football

DOB

1 hour ago, Rabbs63 said:

What’s the cutoff for six man teams?  They have to be close to the numbers.

Cross Roads was at 144, unfortunately not an option at the moment. The number does put then in div 2 this time, so maybe that could help them out

Guest Tiger03lb

I think it's more of a numbers issue than anything. With koff and Athens being next to them kinda hard not to go towards those schools. Kinda sad to hear that. Always liked playing them when we did. Think it's been awhile since we have played them.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, trueblue82 said:

Hate to see this. I would kinda hope they would give D2 a whirl before making such a drastic change. There’s not a lot of powerhouses in their new division. 

That's what I'm thinking ....

They will play a JV outlaw schedule next year. They expected to only have 22-24 play next year and 20 of them will be Fresh and Sophs

They have a JR class I think it is that only has 25 or so in it and maybe 1 plays football out of 10-12 boys.

They are trying to avoid the freshman next year having to play varsity and be thrown into the meat grinder. 

I think its a good idea on their part

34 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

They will play a JV outlaw schedule next year. They expected to only have 22-24 play next year and 20 of them will be Fresh and Sophs

They have a JR class I think it is that only has 25 or so in it and maybe 1 plays football out of 10-12 boys.

They are trying to avoid the freshman next year having to play varsity and be thrown into the meat grinder. 

I think its a good idea on their part

So basically JV outlaw in 2020, varsity outlaw in 2021 and back to a UIL district in 2022