Pleasant Grove vs Wimberley 4A D2 Championship Game

1utexfan

State Championship  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 09:00 PM

Really sloppy 1st half by the Grove but held that high scoring Wimberley offense to just 1 TD that came in the closing minutes in the 2 nd half. 3 turnovers by Pg kept Wimberley in this Game but PG played a really good second half. The seniors shed a lot of tears at the end. You could tell it was bitter sweet. I want to say thanks to the most successful group of seniors in Texarkana. What a run and y’all were a blast to watch. A fitting end to an incredible journey!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

PG gotta be disappointed Carthage is dropping. Heck of a run the last 3 years, but got to think it will be tough for them to go back to state with Carthage in D2. 

not if they're in different regions, and Pleasant Grove has played Carthage tough the last two years. This year's score was a bit deceiving.

11 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Really sloppy 1st half by the Grove but held that high scoring Wimberley offense to just 1 TD that came in the closing minutes in the 2 nd half. 3 turnovers by Pg kept Wimberley in this Game but PG played a really good second half. The seniors shed a lot of tears at the end. You could tell it was bitter sweet. I want to say thanks to the most successful group of seniors in Texarkana. What a run and y’all were a blast to watch. A fitting end to an incredible journey!!

Is that journey over?

7 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

not if they're in different regions, and Pleasant Grove has played Carthage tough the last two years. This year's score was a bit deceiving.

Like I said above most realignment predictions have them in region 2, but different districts. One has them in region 3.

Obviously would be better overall for east texas football to have them in region 3. Then there is a good chance of an all east Texas championship.  

2 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Do y'all think Gibson will stay? I heard his name talked about for tyler lee

I do not see him leaving as long as his son is in school here. Currently, he is an 8th grader. Gibson has been offered and turned down other jobs.

• Thanks 1

And I may be wrong about this, Gibson does not strike me as a materialistic person I mean money and possessions so I’m not sure if you can dangle dollar signs in front of him. I think he likes a challenge for sure but this man cannot and I mean cannot speak about these kids and not get emotional. He spews love for these boys. He’s had me crying a time or 2. What a blessing to have this man and the PG coaching staff so involved in shaping 2 of my sons! Truly thankful! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

And I may be wrong about this, Gibson does not strike me as a materialistic person I mean money and possessions so I’m not sure if you can dangle dollar signs in front of him. I think he likes a challenge for sure but this man cannot and I mean cannot speak about these kids and not get emotional. He spews love for these boys. He’s had me crying a time or 2. What a blessing to have this man and the PG coaching staff so involved in shaping 2 of my sons! Truly thankful! 

That’s awesome Hawknation03. Hey, did y’all know Surratt was down in the tunnel encouraging your boys as they took the field yesterday afternoon just before kickoff?!!

Who all are y’all losing off this year’s team?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s awesome Hawknation03. Hey, did y’all know Surratt was down in the tunnel encouraging your boys as they took the field yesterday afternoon just before kickoff?!!

Who all are y’all losing off this year’s team?

Suratt maybe the future Father in law of our QB. Ben. He also has a history in our community brought us a T High title. Another great man and first rate coach.
Well we are losing a lot of starters. 
Qb

4 OL

RB Hicks and Garrett

3 WR Rodriguez, Antonio Hopkins, Jackson Cobb.

1 DL Jamie Lewis

Both ILBs Hopkins, Nelson

1 CB Durman

1 Safety Legrand

and a few of these kids are 2 way starters. A lot of core players in this group. 

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Suratt maybe the future Father in law of our QB. Ben. He also has a history in our community brought us a T High title. Another great man and first rate coach.
Well we are losing a lot of starters. 
Qb

4 OL

RB Hicks and Garrett

3 WR Rodriguez, Antonio Hopkins, Jackson Cobb.

1 DL Jamie Lewis

Both ILBs Hopkins, Nelson

1 CB Durman

1 Safety Legrand

and a few of these kids are 2 way starters. A lot of core players in this group. 

Ben has eyes for Surratt’s oldest. That’d be cool!

Ben’s a stud!

• Like 1