The Smoakhouse Forums

Pleasant Grove vs Wimberley 4A D2 Championship Game

State Championship  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 09:00 PM

35 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Looks like it will be Carthage and Pleasant Grove knocking heads for the next two years in 4A-D2. Congratulations to PG on another State Championship 👏👏

PG gotta be disappointed Carthage is dropping. Heck of a run the last 3 years, but got to think it will be tough for them to go back to state with Carthage in D2. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I may be wrong about this, Gibson does not strike me as a materialistic person I mean money and possessions so I’m not sure if you can dangle dollar signs in front of him. I think he likes a chall

Nobody in 4A played a tougher schedule than L-E

I got with the Mayor, he is passing on to the City Staff to update the signs. Sorry, no Water Tower. The last time they repainted, they voted on the new logo.  There was enough griping about

14 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

2 fer ETX on the day.  Congrats to both.  Gonna be neat seeing Carthage and PG go at it the next few years.  The region final may shine brighter than the state champ game.

Doubt they’ll end up in same region. 

26 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Let’s hope they don’t... if PG, Gilmer, and Carthage are all rocking and rolling like they usually do next year, that could be a Region where the 3 best teams in the entire division are going at it and would have one of them pretty much be the instant favorite to win as soon as 1 is remaining. Even worse if they’re in the state district.

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Figured they might considering demographics.   Would be nice to see them against each other in "The Show" though.

Congrats PG on that 2nd title. Score does not reflect on how dominating that performance was. Turnovers is what kept the Texans in the game. Their defense was ok but the offense seemed unsteady and inconsistent. Great win today and safe travels.

Pleasant Grove won, and although Wimberley was a worthy opponent, an uncharacteristically Poot game by PG, combined with an almost outstanding effort by the Texans made it interesting. They had some plays they should have made that would have made it tighter, but not enough. We had turnovers and penalties that would normally be a dagger at this level. 
Gilmer was I think our most worthy opponent in the playoffs. 
considering how many injuries the Hawks weathered this year, making that run is even more impressive than last year. 
Congratulations, and thanks for the ride, Hawks.

a special thanks to the myriad fans from all over that showed up to watch us play.
Counted at least ten other schools colors on our side.  

Really sloppy 1st half by the Grove but held that high scoring Wimberley offense to just 1 TD that came in the closing minutes in the 2 nd half. 3 turnovers by Pg kept Wimberley in this Game but PG played a really good second half. The seniors shed a lot of tears at the end. You could tell it was bitter sweet. I want to say thanks to the most successful group of seniors in Texarkana. What a run and y’all were a blast to watch. A fitting end to an incredible journey!!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

PG gotta be disappointed Carthage is dropping. Heck of a run the last 3 years, but got to think it will be tough for them to go back to state with Carthage in D2. 

not if they're in different regions, and Pleasant Grove has played Carthage tough the last two years. This year's score was a bit deceiving.

11 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Really sloppy 1st half by the Grove but held that high scoring Wimberley offense to just 1 TD that came in the closing minutes in the 2 nd half. 3 turnovers by Pg kept Wimberley in this Game but PG played a really good second half. The seniors shed a lot of tears at the end. You could tell it was bitter sweet. I want to say thanks to the most successful group of seniors in Texarkana. What a run and y’all were a blast to watch. A fitting end to an incredible journey!!

Is that journey over?

7 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

not if they're in different regions, and Pleasant Grove has played Carthage tough the last two years. This year's score was a bit deceiving.

Like I said above most realignment predictions have them in region 2, but different districts. One has them in region 3.

Obviously would be better overall for east texas football to have them in region 3. Then there is a good chance of an all east Texas championship.  

2 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Do y'all think Gibson will stay? I heard his name talked about for tyler lee

I do not see him leaving as long as his son is in school here. Currently, he is an 8th grader. Gibson has been offered and turned down other jobs.

• Thanks 1