What's up with the Dish and FSSW/FOX dispute?

Crawford

I called today asking them why wasn't FSSW no longer on Dish. And they told me they didn't know why, but it's been off since July.  Pretty sure it has to do with a pricing disagreement. So Dish cut out FSSW. So those that have Dish won't be able to watch the State Championship games.

9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I called today asking them why wasn't FSSW no longer on Dish. And they told me they didn't know why, but it's been off since July.  Pretty sure it has to do with pricing disagreement. So Dish cut out FSSW. So those that have Dish won't be able to watch the Championship games.

You can sign up for a 7 day trial of fubo tv and then cancel it after the games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My contract with Dish ended in November. I have Directv back now in time for the state chamionship games. I am not going without FSSW. The Dish CEO has said they may not ever carry the Fox Sports Regional Nets again due to cost. Also, YouTube TV had a 30 day trial. I had it to watch FSSW and it was fine. However, I am not completly ready to pull the plug. If you do cancel Dish before your contact is up, they charge you $20 per month for the remaining months. As someone said earlier, if you are under contract with Dish, find a free trial this week to watch the games. 

Y'all better get with the times and get away from those high dollar cable companies that are always taking away channels and want contracts.

Internet based TV is where its at. Way cheaper, no contracts and have pretty much everything you want depending on who you choose.

I have HuluLive TV for like 40 something a month. Has a lot of channels including FSSW. Has DVR too.

I did have Sling but they dropped FSSW which is why I cancelled subscription and switched to HuluLive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Y'all better get with the times and get away from those high dollar cable companies that are always taking away channels and want contracts.

Internet based TV is where its at. Way cheaper, no contracts and have pretty much everything you want depending on who you choose.

I have HuluLive TV for like 40 something a month. Has a lot of channels including FSSW. Has DVR too.

I did have Sling but they dropped FSSW which is why I cancelled subscription and switched to HuluLive.

Those sling commercials are hilarious 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

I have Roku , you can just add about any channel you want to it, also have Hulu and Netflix and way to many too mention lol, I like CBS all access for cowboy's  game and local tv .

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

The only issue I have with internet TV is that you have to have great internet for it to work well and you have to buy it from the cable company anyway.  Once you add up the price of the internet and internet TV, you might as well buy cable. 

The cables companies know this now,  so now they offer cable packages with internet service along with Netflix and Hulu and etc attached. Cable can be a tad more expensive if you buy alot of premium channels but in my opinion its more reliable. Internet can get slow during peak usage hrs and satellite goes out every time there is a thunderstorm. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

The only issue I have with internet TV is that you have to have great internet for it to work well and you have to buy it from the cable company anyway.  Once you add up the price of the internet and internet TV, you might as well buy cable. 

The cables companies know this now,  so now they offer cable packages with internet service along with Netflix and Hulu and etc attached. Cable can be a tad more expensive if you buy alot of premium channels but in my opinion its more reliable. Internet can get slow during peak usage hrs and satellite goes out every time there is a thunderstorm. 

I think the last bundle Direct offered me totaled a little over $180 after taxes. I dont even pay Dish any mind, they take away too many channels and want too much $.

I pay about $98 between internet and HuluLive and it was even less than that when I had Sling. (Since Sling is cheaper than Hulu).

Everything is personal preference though. I've had great experience with internet based cable so far so gonna ride the wave for as long as I can.

24 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I think the last bundle Direct offered me totaled a little over $180 after taxes. I dont even pay Dish any mind, they take away too many channels and want too much $.

I pay about $98 between internet and HuluLive and it was even less than that when I had Sling. (Since Sling is cheaper than Hulu).

Everything is personal preference though. I've had great experience with internet based cable so far so gonna ride the wave for as long as I can.

Hmmm...thats a pretty good deal.  I may have to check that out.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

What internet do you have?

10 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I have Hulu live. 

That plus internet plus Netflix plus prime video plus Disney + is still cheaper than dish. 

Only if you live in town. Good internet out here in the sticks cost about $80 bucks a month compared to far superior internet in town that costs $30 a month. Then tack on streaming channels and you pay well over $100 bucks. I guess it’s relative though. Some of you fools pay over a hundred bucks for TV and call it cheap. The $70 I pay for Dish is outrageous to me. But I’m a tight wad. 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

22 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

You can sign up for a 7 day trial of fubo tv and then cancel it after the games.

Got the 7 day free trial. Cancelling it after the games Saturday. I guess I'm a tight wad like Tatum_DirtyBird. lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wingtveer said:

I got rid of direct and got Hulu live. Saved me over $100.00 per month. Still get everything I had too. 

My dad gives me his DirectTV login.  I use it for everything on my Roku.  In return I share with him my Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu information.  I also have netflix.  Combine all of the stuff we have, he is paying $60 a month and we are paying $30 a month.  Not a bad deal

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Only if you live in town. Good internet out here in the sticks cost about $80 bucks a month compared to far superior internet in town that costs $30 a month. Then tack on streaming channels and you pay well over $100 bucks. I guess it’s relative though. Some of you fools pay over a hundred bucks for TV and call it cheap. The $70 I pay for Dish is outrageous to me. But I’m a tight wad. 😂😂😂

I’m a fool?