What's up with the Dish and FSSW/FOX dispute?

Crawford

13 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

i had playstation vue and got all the sports channels including fssw but they went under so now i have youtube tv and i like it alot better plus its cheaper and i get fssw and fssw alt

Youtube TV also does a 5-day free trial, so you should be able to fit all the games in that window if you end up not sticking with it.

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

My dad gives me his DirectTV login.  I use it for everything on my Roku.  In return I share with him my Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu information.  I also have netflix.  Combine all of the stuff we have, he is paying $60 a month and we are paying $30 a month.  Not a bad deal

I hope hulu offers fssw plus or I may be suicidal

11 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

What is Fssw Plus? how is it different.. is it only online or what?

let’s say you have the Rangers and the Mavericks playing at the same time (both covered by FSSW).  They will put one on the plus until they are no longer overlapping and the move press conferences etc there.  It’s kind of like an overflow channel

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

let’s say you have the Rangers and the Mavericks playing at the same time (both covered by FSSW).  They will put one on the plus until they are no longer overlapping and the move press conferences etc there.  It’s kind of like an overflow channel

got it. makes sense.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:40 AM, KirtFalcon said:

I lost my Fox 51 local channel on DISH a couple of weeks ago.  Yeah, it's the channel that broadcasts the Cowboys ... not happy ...

When Direct TV cut 56 out for a while I went and added the best digital antenna on the market ($39.00) on Amazon and pick up about 30 channels beautifully out here in Fitze. It picks up a lot better in inclement weather, too, unlike satellite.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, Crawford said:

I called today asking them why wasn't FSSW no longer on Dish. And they told me they didn't know why, but it's been off since July.  Pretty sure it has to do with a pricing disagreement. So Dish cut out FSSW. So those that have Dish won't be able to watch the State Championship games.

But they didn't cut your bill did they.  I am in the same boat.  So I signed up for Hulu Live at least for the championship game.s

On 12/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, ANTI said:

Y'all better get with the times and get away from those high dollar cable companies that are always taking away channels and want contracts.

Internet based TV is where its at. Way cheaper, no contracts and have pretty much everything you want depending on who you choose.

I have HuluLive TV for like 40 something a month. Has a lot of channels including FSSW. Has DVR too.

I did have Sling but they dropped FSSW which is why I cancelled subscription and switched to HuluLive.

I had regular Hulu and added live TV.  So, I wanted to record some of the games but the DVR interface is pretty crude.  I can only record all the games as a series.  As far as I can tell.  And my internet is not really reliable enough to cut the cable.  I have Dish and am paying $160.  Would love to cut the cable though.

11 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

But they didn't cut your bill did they.  I am in the same boat.  So I signed up for Hulu Live at least for the championship game.s

No, I didn't have the package that carried FSSW when they did anyways. To dang high when I only watch maybe 1/3 of the channels they offered. I was just going to upgrade for a month so I could watch the games then put it back to my $35 a month package, just like I did last season. That's why I didn't know Dish cut out FSSW until now.

7 hours ago, Crawford said:

No, I didn't have the package that carried FSSW when they did anyways. To dang high when I only watch maybe 1/3 of the channels they offered. 

This is why I went to internet TV.  I don’t need 100 channels I don’t watch.  I only need the 10 I do watch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HulaKat said:

When Direct TV cut 56 out for a while I went and added the best digital antenna on the market ($39.00) on Amazon and pick up about 30 channels beautifully out here in Fitze. It picks up a lot better in inclement weather, too, unlike satellite.

What digital antena did you get?  Walmart and Best Buy have antennas ranging from about $39 -$99 ... their range is out to about 70 miles ...

19 hours ago, wingtveer said:

I hope hulu offers fssw plus or I may be suicidal

Hulu has FSSW and FSSW plus.

They have all of the ESPN channels and Fox Sports.

Also have Fox51 for those that like the Cowboys, and CBS for those that like the Texans. Or whatever your local channels are (they have local channels as well). Also have NBC for Sunday and Thursday night football.

Has every college football game under the sun as well.

• Like 1