What's up with the Dish and FSSW/FOX dispute?

Crawford

On 12/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, ANTI said:

Y'all better get with the times and get away from those high dollar cable companies that are always taking away channels and want contracts.

Internet based TV is where its at. Way cheaper, no contracts and have pretty much everything you want depending on who you choose.

I have HuluLive TV for like 40 something a month. Has a lot of channels including FSSW. Has DVR too.

I did have Sling but they dropped FSSW which is why I cancelled subscription and switched to HuluLive.

Do you get those "special" channels??? Just asking.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, Crawford said:

I called today asking them why wasn't FSSW no longer on Dish. And they told me they didn't know why, but it's been off since July.  Pretty sure it has to do with a pricing disagreement. So Dish cut out FSSW. So those that have Dish won't be able to watch the State Championship games.

So, as much as I hate DirectTV, I will probably drop Dish; If they can’t compete, Hell with them.🙄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, 1jacket said:

Thanks. I'm going to have to watch it somewhere else then lol.

You should be able to watch it on the NFL network if you have it, if not, go to the NFL app and sign in with your Dish information. It worked for me and I don't have the NFL network channel. I'm watching the Saints/Vikings game now.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

You should be able to watch it on the NFL network if you have it, if not, go to the NFL app and sign in with your Dish information. It worked for me and I don't have the NFL network channel. I'm watching the Saints/Vikings game now.

Thanks for the tip Crawford. 

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I can get both the Tyler-Longview and Shreveport FOX channels with an indoor Mohu Leaf 50 antenna here in Gilmer. 

I can reliably pull in 26 channels. Would probably get even more with an outside one. 

Interestingly, it still works just as well even after the amplifier went out. I didn't pay that price for it. You can find it on other sites cheaper than that.

2 hours ago, 36gut said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I can get both the Tyler-Longview and Shreveport FOX channels with an indoor Mohu Leaf 50 antenna here in Gilmer. 

I can reliably pull in 26 channels. Would probably get even more with an outside one. 

Interestingly, it still works just as well even after the amplifier went out. I didn't pay that price for it. You can find it on other sites cheaper than that.

I am looking for a quality HD outdoor antenna.  I am almost 100 ft higher than most people around Garrison and plan on using a 20' pole to install it.  I talked to a neighbor that lives just outside of town and he says he gets 17 channels .... I should be able to get both the Tyler and Shreveport local channels ...

16 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Guess which channel the Super Bowl will be on this year ......

Super Bowl LIV
2019-20 season · NFL schedule
  1. Share
  3. Print
  4. Feedback
Team logo unavailable

TBD

Feb 2, 5:30 PM
FOX
@

TBD

Team logo unavailable

DISH is blocking your local channels because of the dispute?  I am not sure they can... pretty sure those rates can't included in the FSSW disputes

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, they are blocking Fox 51 ...

Dang, this fight has gone on way longer than I expected it to.  Dish is going to be losing a lot of customers soon. And just a tip, you don't have to finish out your 2 year contract with them.  If you cancel, its like $10-15 per month still owed on the contract to get out of it.  I wanted out of mine because the bill was like $140 a month and I wasn't using it much.  So I called them and asked them what the amount would be to cancel my remaining contract with them... they told me $60.  I was like, would you like to bill me or take payment now... cancel today, right now please. After they offer me free HBO etc for 6 months for me to stay, they finally gave up and took my $60 and cancelled at midnight of the same day.  May be worth looking in to.

I doubt DirecTV & Dish will be around much longer.  The bills have gotten so high, and now there are much cheaper options for TV entertainment.  I just ask the younger kid what is the best.  I use YouTube local TV .  ( DFW area ).  I is a 1/3 of the price, and I get the local channels.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

Just wondering if y'all are receiving the local Fox channel now? For some reason I am now getting it. I have had it for a couple of weeks now. Weird.

Nope, still out. But today I called Dish to ask them about paying for something that I haven't had going on for three weeks now. So they took $5 off of my next bill for not having that one channel.