What's up with the Dish and FSSW/FOX dispute?

Crawford

12 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Hmmm strange...I am definitely getting the local Fox channel and I am on Dish...the only thing different is I am using Dish Go or whatever it is called in my RV...that shouldn't make a difference but for some reason it is.

My channel 51 on Dish is Fox 51 KFXK ..... on the channel guide it says "KFXK removed Fox 51" .... 👹🤬👺:poop:

16 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

My channel 51 on Dish is Fox 51 KFXK ..... on the channel guide it says "KFXK removed Fox 51" .... 👹🤬👺:poop:

Really strange...we went down to visit my in-laws this past weekend and they also have Dish. They are also not receiving the local Fox channel. Got back to my RV today and double checked our Dish guide and we are still definitely getting the local Fox affiliate BUTTTT we get FOX 25 KOKH out of Oklahoma City...we get all our local channels out of Oklahoma City because that's the zip/address on the bill and when we travel all we have to do is call them and change the zip to wherever we are and we can get the local channels/weather where we are...now the question is...is it just Texas local Fox affiliates that are blacked out??? Sure seems that is the case!!!  Oh, I still don't get Fox Sports Southwest.

• 2 months later...

This is a email I got from Dish:

"Your local channel owned by Marshall is temporarily back on DISH

DISH and Marshall have reached a temporary agreement to restore your local station until April 13th 2020.

As we navigate through this unprecedented time – delivering your local content is our highest priority.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to work with Marshall to come to a long term agreement for your local stations."

On 1/13/2020 at 7:04 PM, Crawford said:

Nope, still out. But today I called Dish to ask them about paying for something that I haven't had going on for three weeks now. So they took $5 off of my next bill for not having that one channel.

I only got $3.  I told them no thanks.  And that  was for only one month.   They are GLAD they don't have FSSW and relate channels.   They charge the same amount and pay less for content.  only idiots like me who have so-so internet reliability keep paying $170 a month for abut 10 good channels out of the 250 in the plan.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

I only got $3.  I told them no thanks.  And that  was for only one month.   They are GLAD they don't have FSSW and relate channels.   They charge the same amount and pay less for content.  only idiots like me who have so-so internet reliability keep paying $170 a month for abut 10 good channels out of the 250 in the plan.

They're all a bunch of thieves. But yet we continue to cough up the cash and pay our bill month after month. smh. Guess we just love our entertainment too much to completely give it up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crawford said:

They're all a bunch of thieves. But yet we continue to cough up the cash and pay our bill month after month. smh. Guess we just love our entertainment too much to completely give it up. 

I have switched to Direct many years ago, & didn’t like it; (This was before Dish dropped FSSW) & I have threatened to go back, but I don’t know if “better half” would throw a shoe!😳 

I had just as soon hook up the digital antannae that I bought a year ago, but I bet that would end up not being my best move!😜

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Playfor77 said:

We swapped to Suddenlink, the cable subscriber in our city, and get everything except the MLB channel, which ####, but at least we get Fox Southwest now. Our bill went from $260 to $71 per month. 

do you get the internet from sudden link too?

16 hours ago, sackem said:

do you get the internet from sudden link too?

We already had the Suddenlink internet hookup and home phone, just added the cable. Only difference is on Fox Sports SW we get Spurs instead of Mavericks but since I don’t care at all about the NBA, that doesn’t matter to me. Only thing I miss is MLB network.