6A D1 UIL State Championship - Duncanville (15-0) vs North Shore (14-1)

Champ1000

19 hours ago, randomuser said:

Nope, probably the greatest HS recruiter without a SC.

He never recruited players. His program does that for him. Just about his entire roster on this Skyline teams actually lived in the Oak Cliff. If you lived in the Dallas city limits and you wanted to go to the next level you knew Skyline was your best option. Even though Skyline has a enrollment over 4,000 he always had a thin but talented roster. Skyline has only one ninth and 10th grade team and those rosters also thin. Duncanville sits in one of most talented rich areas in the state. They have always had great facilities but Coach Discus was simply a bad fit for them. It's the first Job Coach Samples have every had in which he equal footing for this peers. There was no doubt that he would build them into a power house. He is gonna have to coach is azz off to win this game. A freshman's first start in a state championship game against North Shore is a hell of a task. I can't wait to see this game.

48 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

He never recruited players. His program does that for him. Just about his entire roster on this Skyline teams actually lived in the Oak Cliff. If you lived in the Dallas city limits and you wanted to go to the next level you knew Skyline was your best option. Even though Skyline has a enrollment over 4,000 he always had a thin but talented roster. Skyline has only one ninth and 10th grade team and those rosters also thin. Duncanville sits in one of most talented rich areas in the state. They have always had great facilities but Coach Discus was simply a bad fit for them. It's the first Job Coach Samples have every had in which he equal footing for this peers. There was no doubt that he would build them into a power house. He is gonna have to coach is azz off to win this game. A freshman's first start in a state championship game against North Shore is a hell of a task. I can't wait to see this game.

Thank you sir, I’ve coached in the metroplex for 20+ years. And as I said check where the starters went to elementary and Jr. Hi. They had about 10 DEC meetings his first couple of years. I didn’t say he couldn’t coach I said he was a good recruiter and I stand by my statement. I know that’s taboo but it is what it is. They’re very talented and were when Dicus and Screiber were there. This is the most successful they’ve been since (RIP) Bob Alpert. He’s definitely a better fit than Dicus and Screiber.

And I’ve worked with a couple of coaches who are there and both have told me what goes on in “The City of Champions”.

26 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Prior to Jackson's injury, I picked Duncanville. As it is, I'm going NS. I don't see a freshman beating NS. 

They say he pretty good. The odds are not in their favor. NS best 6a has had to offer. I am picking NS but not as much as one expects.

Duncanville can still win this game if the defense plays lights out early and the freshman can build some confidence early. Banks is who killed the Panthers last year and he is out. Davis is playing at a insane level they have to keep him in check to have any chance. NS is not as good on defense as they were last year and expect Duncanville to be able to score some points. If the freshman can gain some confidence early and if the Smith can get on track early the Panthers have a fighting chance. If NS gets up early, things are gonna snowball quickly. They say this freshman is special and he is gonna have to show it to have a chance against Northshore. It should be a good game.

According to Maxpreps, Duncanville is #1 in the state and #5 in the nation. North Shore is #2 in the state and #9 in the nation. If this game is anything like last season, which NS won 41-36, it should be a great game to watch.

Duncanville by 6

26 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Question- Would they have sent him home if they didn't have another D1 RB?

I no nothing about the NS coach, but guy is a 5 star recruit with over 40 offers. Coach had a good reason to suspend. Also think he was suspended earlier in the year. Kid has had his fair share of chances. Hopefully having another D1 running back wasnt a factor.