Pottsboro vs Grandview 3a 1 state game

Guest Tiger03lb

Guest Tiger03lb

What's everyone's thoughts on this year's 3AD1 championship? I know there's no east texas team in it this year, thought I'd start it up.

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Last three Pottsboro games have been decided by a total of 5 points...... IF this game is close I like their chances. 

That I can agree with. They will have to have a few things go right but if it’s close in the 4th I like their chances. 

Guest Tiger03lb

I got GV winning by 10/14 points. #3 has a int in each game so far in the playoffs and they have scored off of those turnovers each time. Imo, GV defense will be the difference in this game. Watch number #65 for GV, now that he is back. 

Grandview dominated playoff teams including no. 8 Cameron Yoe and no. 6 Troy. Malakoff was far and away the best team GV faced all year and I don’t know how Malakoff played so poorly against Potts. GV has now gotten many of their injured players back for playoffs with exception of one or two starters. GV defensive line averages about 6’4” 245 and are playing better each game with previously injured players returning. GV is a big physical team with good speed and balanced offense and a very good field goal kicker having kicked a 48 yarder last game. 

Pottsboro is 15-0 for a reason and they have beaten some good teams. GV and Potts are similar with balanced offenses, quick and well disciplined and good coaching. I think GV pulls away in the last half, but it will be a barn burner. I watched two of Potts games and they don’t quit and just keep coming. 

Guest Tiger03lb
37 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Grandview QB was named AP 3A  Offensive player of the year. 

1st team on defense as well at DB actually both sides. 1st team qb. 

Does anyone know if he has gotten any offers anywhere?

Shope 1st team rb from Pottsboro

The Grandview QB is the biggest difference maker in this division. He deserves all the recognition. 

Grandview can be beat, but it's going to take a tremendous effort to pull that off.  These guys have been playing a different brand of football since the playoffs got underway and that is what you get from championship caliber squads.  

Can Pottsboro potentially pull this off?  It's certainly a possible, but they are going to have to play mistake free ball, and I do believe they will have to keep up in scoring throughout the early portion of the game.  If they can keep it close late, then that will be the time to make the move....much like they did with Brock.  

Guest Tiger03lb
13 minutes ago, Terry said:

I agree. The sweep was kicking Potts’ but!

Yeah. They made some halftime adjustments that seemed to help but still didn't stop Pottsboro from guessing what they were going to do. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, hornsandowls said:

I suggested to GV principal QB look into Southwestern Univ in Georgetown. He is only 5’9” 165. No offers that I know of. Crownover, the 6’8” defensive end and plays 2 ways, has about 25 D1 offfers, namely Alabama, Lsu, Michigan, Auburn etc.

Yeah. I figured his size wouldn't get them d1 offers but could get him smaller schools

The "if" game can be played a lot.  I fall into that same trap myself at times.  

In Cameron, you can commonly hear:

1. What if Traion Smith would not have been hurt in the first half of the 2015 state game with Brock?

2. What if Cameron could have taken Daingerfield to overtime in 2010 finals?

3. What if the official in 1987 did not miss a blatant call versus Cuero in the semis?

4. What if I didn't eat Taco Bell last night?

I understand people's pain (one way or another), but things do happen for a reason. 

You have to give credit to Pottsboro.  They have taken that next step in 2019.