Garrison AD/HF

Ilovefootball2

On 1/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, BJH said:

I was wrong.  Earlier this year I posted my 1st and what I thought would be my only post on Smoaky .com.  I have read some of the comments about the Garrison situation, and have tried not to say anything, but I guess I don't have enough self control to keep from commenting when someone I know is being criticized.  So here goes.

1.  I have coached with Larry Prince and I know that he made the decision to move into administration.  

2.  Larry Prince is one of the best Football coaches I have ever worked with.  He was a great motivator,  He was very organized, and he was as good with kids as anyone I have been around in coaching. He was a coach who built young men through the game of football.  Every kid that played for us would have run through a brick wall for him and I am sure the kids at Garrison would do the same.  He was my Defensive Coordinator and he was loyal,  hard working, and prepared our kids and I am sure Garrisons kids were prepared very well for every ballgame.  He was my assistant one time, but I would gladly work as one of his assistants any day.  He loves the kids at Garrison and would have done anything in his power to have helped them have the best season they could have.  Sometimes things don't go like we planned,

As far as the criticism that I've seen on here.  I would say that every year before the season starts,  most people think that their town has "great athletes" . Sometimes they do and sometimes they may not be as good as people think.  All I know is that someone who probably never coached a down of football,  or never diagrammed a play and couldn't if you asked him too,  has any business getting on here and being critical of a man who has actually been in the arena and  dealt with all the stuff day in and day out that goes with being an A.D. and head coach.  In fact I would say that people who are openly critical on forums like this about,  the coaches decisions,  like the offense they choose to run or the defense they choose to run, do way more damage to team chemistry than anything else.  Maybe the season wasn't as good as it could have been because your athletes may have been reading some of the stuff on here criticizing someone they need to have total confidence in. I am not trying to offend anyone,  but after 30 plus years of being a coach and about 21 of that being an A.D.,  my advice to any coach who ends up being a Head Football Coach and A.D.  would be to coach the team the way He wanted to, and coach the offense and defense He believed in.  I am sure Coach Prince did his best to choose the offense  and defense he thought would be the best for his kids to be successful,  after all he was with those kids everyday.  I will not hide behind a screen name as this is also something I really have a problem with.  My name is Andy Evans and I am proud to have had the honor to coach with my friend Larry Prince.  I think you would find that most people who played for him or coached with him have the same loyalty to him that I do.

Awesome response .   Good luck to Coach Prince .

• Like 2

On 1/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, BJH said:

I was wrong.  Earlier this year I posted my 1st and what I thought would be my only post on Smoaky .com.  I have read some of the comments about the Garrison situation, and have tried not to say anything, but I guess I don't have enough self control to keep from commenting when someone I know is being criticized.  So here goes.

1.  I have coached with Larry Prince and I know that he made the decision to move into administration.  

2.  Larry Prince is one of the best Football coaches I have ever worked with.  He was a great motivator,  He was very organized, and he was as good with kids as anyone I have been around in coaching. He was a coach who built young men through the game of football.  Every kid that played for us would have run through a brick wall for him and I am sure the kids at Garrison would do the same.  He was my Defensive Coordinator and he was loyal,  hard working, and prepared our kids and I am sure Garrisons kids were prepared very well for every ballgame.  He was my assistant one time, but I would gladly work as one of his assistants any day.  He loves the kids at Garrison and would have done anything in his power to have helped them have the best season they could have.  Sometimes things don't go like we planned,

As far as the criticism that I've seen on here.  I would say that every year before the season starts,  most people think that their town has "great athletes" . Sometimes they do and sometimes they may not be as good as people think.  All I know is that someone who probably never coached a down of football,  or never diagrammed a play and couldn't if you asked him too,  has any business getting on here and being critical of a man who has actually been in the arena and  dealt with all the stuff day in and day out that goes with being an A.D. and head coach.  In fact I would say that people who are openly critical on forums like this about,  the coaches decisions,  like the offense they choose to run or the defense they choose to run, do way more damage to team chemistry than anything else.  Maybe the season wasn't as good as it could have been because your athletes may have been reading some of the stuff on here criticizing someone they need to have total confidence in. I am not trying to offend anyone,  but after 30 plus years of being a coach and about 21 of that being an A.D.,  my advice to any coach who ends up being a Head Football Coach and A.D.  would be to coach the team the way He wanted to, and coach the offense and defense He believed in.  I am sure Coach Prince did his best to choose the offense  and defense he thought would be the best for his kids to be successful,  after all he was with those kids everyday.  I will not hide behind a screen name as this is also something I really have a problem with.  My name is Andy Evans and I am proud to have had the honor to coach with my friend Larry Prince.  I think you would find that most people who played for him or coached with him have the same loyalty to him that I do.

Well said and then some .....

hair.jpg

• Like 1

Really intriguing on why a school would get rid of HC/AD and not get the replacement quickly. Typically this is the time of year that all kids hit the weights hard and coach begins building his foundation for next year. If ya wait too long then ya get behind cuz in the spring and especially summer kids scatter and are not present around the facilities. I’ve heard a few rumors on some applicants. Interesting search going on for sure and the coming weeks ought to be exciting when pieces start to fall into place with realignment announcements come out

2 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Really intriguing on why a school would get rid of HC/AD and not get the replacement quickly. Typically this is the time of year that all kids hit the weights hard and coach begins building his foundation for next year. If ya wait too long then ya get behind cuz in the spring and especially summer kids scatter and are not present around the facilities. I’ve heard a few rumors on some applicants. Interesting search going on for sure and the coming weeks ought to be exciting when pieces start to fall into place with realignment announcements come out

Not sure why either.  Especially with realignment coming up and needing to get schedules made. 

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Garrison got rid of Prince?

2 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Money is the main reason 

If he is still on staff then the school district is on the line for his multi year contract salary. If money is the issue for not hiring as of yet that might lead to some clues that it may be an in house hire....But that is merely speculation on my part based on the status of their current situation. I know at Joaquin when we hired Lawson we ate the remaining salary of his predecessor just so we could get a fresh start quickly.

13 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

If he is still on staff then the school district is on the line for his multi year contract salary. If money is the issue for not hiring as of yet that might lead to some clues that it may be an in house hire....But that is merely speculation on my part based on the status of their current situation. I know at Joaquin when we hired Lawson we ate the remaining salary of his predecessor just so we could get a fresh start quickly.

Pretty sure this Joaquin situation was a lot different that what's going on in Garrison. 

Looking at the talent  coming up I really think the way our skill gonna be set up I really would like to see 4/5 wide we have to many six feet plus  athletes that can go get the ball and a bruiser of a running back that gonna be pretty good spread the teams out and let them pick their poison  i just think running Joaquin and other offenses will not take advantage of the skill set we got coming up

1 hour ago, Spartaking said:

Looking at the talent  coming up I really think the way our skill gonna be set up I really would like to see 4/5 wide we have to many six feet plus  athletes that can go get the ball and a bruiser of a running back that gonna be pretty good spread the teams out and let them pick their poison  i just think running Joaquin and other offenses will not take advantage of the skill set we got coming up

First time poster...... Bleacher Coach

2 hours ago, Spartaking said:

Got anyone to throw to them six feet plus athletes that can go up get ball?