Garrison AD/HF

Ilovefootball2

16 hours ago, bigdawg16 said:

When i see the kids coming up i think of more traditional Garrison style football. Under center ..pound the ball and win with a usually solid defense and clock control. 

That's good until you run up against a defense that stops your running game.  Better to also be able to mix in short high percentage passes to keep defense honest so they can't stack the line to stop your running game.  Look at teams like Grandview and Gunter ... they are very hard to defend ... I like smash mouth football as much as anybody, but in the playoffs, you need to be able to pass the ball too ...

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

That's good until you run up against a defense that stops your running game.  Better to also be able to mix in short high percentage passes to keep defense honest so they can't stack the line to stop your running game.  Look at teams like Grandview and Gunter ... they are very hard to defend ... I like smash mouth football as much as anybody, but in the playoffs, you need to be able to pass the ball too ...

Don't wanna be bashing bro, but gunter had to stop passing in the ship, them bramahas were catching as many as they were.. Js 

9 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Don't wanna be bashing bro, but gunter had to stop passing in the ship, them bramahas were catching as many as they were.. Js 

That’s true but PP’s inability to throw the ball allowed Gunter to stack the box and shut down their run game. Advantage Gunter. 

Hopefully they get a high energy guy that promotes an offense that's beneficial to the kids. Hate when they just try to throw together because that all they know . Be interesting to see who's all names have come across the table.  

13 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I've heard over 100 applicants

With the Tradition I don't doubt this. Could be a great place to make a name if you stick around, stick to your guns, and get kids excited about it. 

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

With the Tradition I don't doubt this. Could be a great place to make a name if you stick around, stick to your guns, and get kids excited about it. 

Hopefully they hire one of the most qualified applicants this time around ...

The sticking around part seems to be the kicker. 5th coach in the last 10 years and 7th in the last 20yrs according to historical section. Not a great average for building a program. Quote from movie Josey Wales "When I start liking somebody they don't stick around long" "Seems to me when you start disliking people they don't stick around long either"

29 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Hopefully they hire one of the most qualified applicants this time around ...

yea..a lot of good ol boys and who you know.. or more of what you know about who you know in this business. Sad but true.