Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

Do ya'll think Tisd would want all of the outside noise that comes with hiring Coach Briles? I know Tisd doesn't like controversy. 

Wouldn't think so, but seeing what Smoak said, that is was talked about before, maybe. Mt Vernon took the brunt of it, it will get less for every school from here on out that takes the chance with him 

It depends on what kind of talent you get from the middle schools. I don't care how much x's and o's you know. You have to have Jimmy's and Joe's at the top level. That would be the hard part for Lee. You never know what's coming through the middle schools in Tyler. Lee could get the cream of the crop for 4 or 5 years. Then JT could get the same thing for 4 or 5 years. 

JMO but Briles regardless of what happens would be a draw...I could see folks from not only the Northside heading south, but it wouldn't surprise me if some parents who took their kids to the private schools wound up back at Lee because of the Briles aura

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VonG said:

It depends on what kind of talent you get from the middle schools. I don't care how much x's and o's you know. You have to have Jimmy's and Joe's at the top level. That would be the hard part for Lee. You never know what's coming through the middle schools in Tyler. Lee could get the cream of the crop for 4 or 5 years. Then JT could get the same thing for 4 or 5 years. 

TISD always wants the splash pick ups for coaches at lee. Will never forget when bergfield said he wanted lee one day to be with the likes of Allen, Carroll, Katy, etc

3 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

JMO but Briles regardless of what happens would be a draw...I could see folks from not only the Northside heading south, but it wouldn't surprise me if some parents who took their kids to the private schools wound up back at Lee because of the Briles aura

Very true I think it would really hit JT hard. Lee would be very good if everything falls right 

3 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I can see the private schools kids doing that. I don't know about people on the Northside headed to the Southside. People who live on the Northside love where they live and they love JT. Trust me they bleed blue. If they were going to move they would have already done so. That's were all the growth is happening. 

4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

TISD always wants the splash pick ups for coaches at lee. Will never forget when bergfield said he wanted lee one day to be with the likes of Allen, Carroll, Katy, etc

What's wrong with that? You want the same for JT don't you?

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Agree MV took all the noise...there will still be some noise but not near as much....from a football standpoint I could see it being a fit and I dont have much doubt Briles would win a lot of games at Tyler Lee

A lot is a lot to say IMO. Even if he lands that Lee job (which it sounds like he's going to), you really think he's going to be there long enough to win "a lot?"

This would be just like Mathias over in Marshall IMO. Stepping stone to getting back to a higher level.

39 minutes ago, VonG said:

What's wrong with that? You want the same for JT don't you?

What’s wrong with it is that he ONLY wants LEE to be that way lol. They wouldn’t dare try to get high profile coach for JT ever.We only get in house coaches.  So that’s what’s wrong with it.