Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Nothing against Traylor, but Briles is a better coach, but at the end of the day, its about the Jimmy's and Joes.

Here's the thing about Briles and why he works.  He can take your best guy, and make him better.  Then he can tailor his offense around that best guy and elevate the play of that team.  Tyler Lee always has one of those "best guys" cycling through the school that will draw in other complimentary players that will make his team a better team.  Briles is not a bad hire, he is also not a safe hire.  Watch for a lot of DEC meetings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VonG said:

Do ya'll think Tisd would want all of the outside noise that comes with hiring Coach Briles? I know Tisd doesn't like controversy. 

I think there would be a protest if he was hired.  We know who runs Tyler, and it isn't politicians or school boards or at least it was like that 20 years ago.  

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Here's the thing about Briles and why he works.  He can take your best guy, and make him better.  Then he can tailor his offense around that best guy and elevate the play of that team.  Tyler Lee always has one of those "best guys" cycling through the school that will draw in other complimentary players that will make his team a better team.  Briles is not a bad hire, he is also not a safe hire.  Watch for a lot of DEC meetings.

Here is what I haven't seen mentioned...

Lee's 2022 class is pretty good and Briles would get two years with that group. I already had Lee returning to the playoffs in 2020 because of that group.....and now they would have a better HC. 

As for players flocking from JT's zone of Tyler, I don't see it happening for classes 2021-2023. But you never know who moves into Lee's zone in lower classes during middle school or coming into 9th grade.

If Briles doesn't come, Lee can't screw this hire up. They are on the brink of overcoming consecutive losing seasons and all it takes is another bad hire to screw it all up. Not sure that a simple hire within would suffice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I think he will go if offered. Whether or not TISD offers is the factor to me. 

That was my thought, IF he was offered i see no way of him turning it down. If not Lee then i figured somebody from somewhere would come calling. Also i doubt he cares little if at all about MV or how he leaves it if he moves on. Would love to see a poll comparison to how people felt when he got hired to how they feel now. Night and day i can promise you for most. Still have some who are all in no matter what.

7 hours ago, VonG said:

Imagine the conflict amongst Supt and AD and Board members just based on what was stated in that article right there. 

17 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

good points

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Here is what I haven't seen mentioned...

Lee's 2022 class is pretty good and Briles would get two years with that group. I already had Lee returning to the playoffs in 2020 because of that group.....and now they would have a better HC. 

As for players flocking from JT's zone of Tyler, I don't see it happening for classes 2021-2023. But you never know who moves into Lee's zone in lower classes during middle school or coming into 9th grade.

If Briles doesn't come, Lee can't screw this hire up. They are on the brink of overcoming consecutive losing seasons and all it takes is another bad hire to screw it all up. Not sure that a simple hire within would suffice.

Great points... 

If I'm part of the TISD leadership, I use all this Briles talk as a smokescreen to bring on some young talented guy who may not necessarily have the "WOW factor" of Briles, but has a solid resume as well as Xs and Os background. You then frame the hire as being "what's best for the kids" and you come out looking like the good guys.

7 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Berry won’t leave with the sophomore group he has. 

never say never.  Coach Dereck Rush left JT in 2012 for Conroe Oak Ridge. John Tyler was fresh off a semi final run and had almost the entire team returning the next yr. As a matter of fact, they started the next season ranked #1 and they made it to state semi finals again with a coach who had never been a coordinator or head coach.  

In other words, Coach Rush left a state title contender for a program that had little to no football history.  You never know what these coaches will do, but if the money, location, and opportunity is better, they will leave regardless of the talent because many times these so call better opportunities don't come around often, so you have to take them when they are available.

Ifs they loookin for thats splashin higher they need gone on up 155 twowards big sandy .  Strong up they aint no up and coming coachh that might be good.  he. a done gone done that more time thans you moma make buscuits.  gone on and slap some buttter on him becasue he ready to roll.