Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

38 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

That was in December 2016...three years ago.

Not really sure how pertinent that would be today because we all know that "most" coaches are upwardly mobile, enjoy a challenge and have aspirations to earn more $$$.

Time will tell...

Not saying it as a knock to him in this coaching search or as a factor for TISD to consider.  More as a factor whether Anderson wants to move his family since he is from there and not too long ago thought about stepping out of coaching and was going to be working for a local roofing company.  

7 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

Coach Rush left TISD to join AD Danny Long in Conroe.

Long was his boss in Tyler and was the one who gave him the opportunity at JT.

Most times it's not about the job BUT the people you work for and with !

Good point.  That's why I say you can never say never.  Rush left a team that at worse was going to the semifinals. For him to give that up, says alot because all coaches want a ring.

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

Not to mention Lee has a good sophomore class themselves.

But, I don't see Berry going there.

Berry is cut from the John King coaching tree, being DC at Longview up until 2009 before going to Gladewater. He shares alot of the same philosophies as JK, one of them.... nondesire to be in a multi HS ISD.

Not to mention the I Form...I don't see folks at Lee giving up the spread for it.

I don't think Lee folks would have a problem with going to the I...now Wing T would probably be an issue. .  I think folks just want to win at the end of the day.

Do you think a multiple hs situation is still a no-go considering TISD now has a more defined feeder system and new rules for transfers. Just look at Denton ISD..which TiSD has used for a base model. Two schools in state title games this yr.

16 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I don't think Lee folks would have a problem with going to the I...now Wing T would probably be an issue. .  I think folks just want to win at the end of the day.

Do you think a multiple hs situation is still a no-go considering TISD now has a more defined feeder system and new rules for transfers. Just look at Denton ISD..which TiSD has used for a base model. Two schools in state title games this yr.

The thing about Denton ISD middle schools, all of them run similar or the same offensive systems because the High Schools run similar systems. Like TISD now. So when they get to HS, no matter what MS they may have went to, terminology isn't totally a mystery to the athletes.

You bring in a Berry, some middle schools in Tyler would have to train around the I, the others would have to train around the spread (assuming Berry wouldn't hire a spread centric OC). I get it, there's a more defined feeder pattern in TISD now but, take Moore for example. I know its zoned to JT, but its still a magnet school. You know a few of those players could end up at Lee instead of JT. Say Berry gets a few players from Moore....those players would be at disadvantage because they are coming from a spread middle school....learning an entirely new system in HS. Then there's the Hogg thing. I know Hogg isn't doing football anymore, but I remember y'all telling me that kids who play football or wanna play football from Hogg are spread out among the middle schools who play football. They too could be at disadvantage depending on which HS they go to and what MS they play for.

You have to keep that foundation organized and well kept is all I'm saying and its sort of a challenge in multi HS ISD's when the high schools are running totally different systems. If you have a really, really well defined feeder system, may not be an issue. But you avoid all of this by going to one HS ISD from the beginning you know?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ANTI said:

The thing about Denton ISD middle schools, all of them run similar or the same offensive systems because the High Schools run similar systems. Like TISD now. So when they get to HS, no matter what MS they may have went to, terminology isn't totally a mystery to the athletes.

You bring in a Berry, some middle schools in Tyler would have to train around the I, the others would have to train around the spread (assuming Berry wouldn't hire a spread centric OC). I get it, there's a more defined feeder pattern in TISD now but, take Moore for example. I know its zoned to JT, but its still a magnet school. You know a few of those players could end up at Lee instead of JT. Say Berry gets a few players from Moore....those players would be at disadvantage because they are coming from a spread middle school....learning an entirely new system in HS. Then there's the Hogg thing. I know Hogg isn't doing football anymore, but I remember y'all telling me that kids who play football or wanna play football from Hogg are spread out among the middle schools who play football. They too could be at disadvantage depending on which HS they go to and what MS they play for.

You have to keep that foundation organized and well kept is all I'm saying and its sort of a challenge in multi HS ISD's when the high schools are running totally different systems. If you have a really, really well defined feeder system, may not be an issue. But you avoid all of this by going to one HS ISD from the beginning you know?

good points

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

When did Hogg stop doing football? We had some good teams, when I was there in the late 80's.

Y’all really don’t understand football. Football at the middle school level is all about blocking and tackling. It doesn’t matter what system you run. Every big school is going to have freshman teams and they will teach them everything they need to know. Hire Scott Ford y’all will love him 👊

25 minutes ago, justafan said:

Y’all really don’t understand football. Football at the middle school level is all about blocking and tackling. It doesn’t matter what system you run. 

Only person who doesnt know football is you.

Your crazy if you think system doesnt matter.

Wanna know why Longview is so consistent year in and year out? Because of strong foundation. Everything is organized. When you're at Foster, Judson and Forest Park...you come up running the same stuff you will see when you get to HS, although a very basic version obviously. Players get a feel for the system they will be in while working on fundamentals.

Lufkin MS, runs 2x2, 4 WR set spread. Same exact formation Lufkin is in 98% of the time at the HS level.

52 minutes ago, justafan said:

Y’all really don’t understand football. Football at the middle school level is all about blocking and tackling. It doesn’t matter what system you run. Every big school is going to have freshman teams and they will teach them everything they need to know. Hire Scott Ford y’all will love him 👊

You’re clueless. Every system has its own terminology. Gladewater isn’t lining up in shotgun and slinging the pig skin around in middle school. 

18 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

You’re clueless. Every system has its own terminology. Gladewater isn’t lining up in shotgun and slinging the pig skin around in middle school. 

Exactly. And Tyler middle schools arent running the Wing T.

16 hours ago, ANTI said:

Well SAID 

15 hours ago, justafan said:

Oh damn! You just lost all relevance in this statement! Bless your heart. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Gibson not leaving PG until his son graduates.   It’s not about the $ at this point in his career.  Also, he will not leave the talent that is coming back and coming in!    

I heard about 3 years ago that he was leaving PG for another job but it didn’t pan out and that’s why he’s still there.